Friday, September 21, 2018

The Official End Of Summer

...at least according to the calendar anyway.  For me summer ends when school starts back up in August & I consider it to be fall once September 1st hits.  No matter, even though I posted my fall goals at the beginning of the month, I also created a fall bucket list.  I should really probably write these bad boys down in my planner or something or I'm going to forget about them...

This week was yet another weird week at work with yet another early release day as well as a waste of a day due to picture day.  I am happy that the weekend is here and hoping that this weekend doesn't end up as packed as last weekend.

Linking up with Amanda!

I'm normally a one holiday at a time type of girl, but I just have to mention these Christmas ornaments!  Sarah over at Meet the Shaneyfelts has an ornament fundraiser to help with the adoption process for her & her husband.  They are super cute & only $10.  Definitely check them out!  You can order through Oct 1.

Despite the fact that I didn't really doing anything Sunday, I was still super exhausted on Monday after having such long & busy days Friday & Saturday.  I had planned on just eating supper, showering, and sleeping.  However, then I started watching Netflix & remembered that I had some cookie mix from Miss Jones Baking Co & decided to whip up some cookies.  I promptly ate 3 or 4 right out of the oven as well as some "leftover" dough.  It was then that I decided that I should probably bring a dozen to work to share so that I didn't eat them all myself.


On Tuesday I woke up at 3 am & never fell back to sleep.  I woke up feeling a cold coming on.  My nose was stuffed & my throat was getting sore.  I got up once to make myself some tea but other than that I laid in bed hoping I'd fall back asleep.  Alas, I didn't.  So when my alarm went off at 5 I decided to get up & go for a walk/run in hopes that the heat & humidity would help.  Coincidentally while I was scrolling through my memories on Facebook apparently 6 years earlier I had had the same problem... I figured if running then had helped maybe it would this time too.


I had a training after work that was supposed to last an hour & a half that I was not looking forward to.  Not only had I already done the training last year, being sick & tired made it even less appealing.  Luckily I was there less than 45 minutes because the girl sped through it.  On my way home I kept going back & forth with myself on whether or not I should stop & get food because I was starving or just wait until I got home to eat the food I already had bought & cooked.  I thought about stopping at McDonalds because National Cheeseburger Day & then thought about stopping at Wingstop because it's one of my favorite places to get wings & National Chicken Month.  Right after I told myself to be responsible & just eat at home I made a right turn into Canes, got me some chicken strips, and promptly passed out by 8 pm.


Despite getting nearly 8 hours of sleep, which NEVER happens, I still woke up feeling like crap.  I stayed in bed an extra 15 minutes before going for another walk.  Being outside in the heat & humidity definitely helps my symptoms.  Going back & forth between the heat & AC is definitely making them worse.

Despite being way late to the party, I linked up with Andrea to share some Fall Kimono Fashion.  I wish I had jumped on the kimono bandwagon earlier but better late than never right??  Maybe doing so will actually inspire me to buy some more & wear them!

Thanks to my morning walks to get rid of the sickness, I have been nailing my FitBit goals.  Even though I had already hit my goals, in an attempt to at least match what I had done on Tuesday, I went for a walk when I got home on Wednesday with Mr. Nash.  Also because despite it being an early release day for the students, I was there later than normal so I felt bad for the lil guy.  I don't hate where I live, but I also don't want to live here forever.  The park by where I live is most definitely what I'll miss the most whenever I do wind up moving.


I also decided that since I had picked off most of the color on my nails, I should probably redo them.  While they aren't super long, I deemed them long enough to finally use one of the sets of ColorStreet nails I had ordered from my friend Kayla.  They weren't super hard to put on but I'm hoping that round 2 goes a lot easier now that I know what to expect.  I did get compliments on them all day from my students though the next day.


Thursday I woke up feeling super rough.  At one point during the day I even started losing my voice.  It never fully went, & my last two periods, my seniors, make it easy on me.  We had a mandatory meeting after work which I feel should not have been mandatory.  It was about voting in November to increase property taxes in order to help the budget for the school district I work in.  However, as much as I'd like a raise, I don't get a say because I, like many of the teachers, don't live in the district.

Despite not feeling well, although by the end of the day I was feeling slightly better & being outside helped, I met up with The Boyfriend for supper at a little hole in the wall that I had never even heard of before called Tributary Cafe.  It's cajun food & it was so good!  Blogger/Instagrammer fail I didn't take pictures.  Partly because I didn't feel well enough to care & partly because it was a tiny little place with like 2 other people in there when we arrived.  We shared some fried green tomatoes (the whole reason we went) and some fried okra.  I got the pasta special which had sausage, shrimp, crawfish, chicken, & an amazing cajun seasoning.  He got the seafood platter.  After supper we went and played a round of mini golf.  His first hit was a hole in one.  My first hit jumped the entire first hole and landed close to the second one... I got a rhythm, he lost a rhythm, and despite an armature par of 45, he got a 50 & I got a 55.  I guess neither of us will be hitting the pro golf circuit anytime soon... I had to call it quits after that because my cold was catching up with me.


Before the rest of the Friday Funnies to send you into the weekend, I'd like to share this little gem courtesy of one of my sophomores on Wednesday:

Student: Miss do you ride bulls?
Me: You know actually every day when I leave work that's exactly what I do...
Student: Really?!
Me: No
Student to another student: well she looks like she does... she looks like the kind of person that could fight anyone she had to...

And now back to your regularly scheduled funnies...





5 comments:

  1. Warm cookies out of the oven are one of my favorite things. I love the color you went with for your nails. I hope you're feeling better and have a nice weekend. Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally can't believe summer is already over!! I love your nail polish color too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer flew by for you guys I swear. Love the nail colour and I'll check our Sarah's sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not the end of summer until it is less than 80° consistently at midday. It has not reached that criteria here yet. Until that happens, it will not be fall.

    Although... TODAY it was less "Charleston" outside, so that leads me to believe that "fall" is on the way, but I've been tricked before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That morning view is gorgeous. My sleep schedule was all messed up this week. I don't know what was going on, but I was awake a lot this week. Hoping I don't succumb to a cold while traveling - there were so many colds going around this week from our staff, to admissions officers, to kids. (Legit snorted about the shark comment.)

    ReplyDelete