Monday, September 17, 2018

Halfway Through September

Hello Monday!  I am not excited to see you.  This weekend feels like it went by faster than normal.  Just one more day off would be greatly appreciated!  Linking up with Biana!

Friday
Friday was a LONG day!  I didn't show up to work until 10:15 because we were on pep rally/early release schedule meaning my first class wasn't until 11:05.  I still woke up early, 6, but I just hung around with Nash & read some blogs before heading to work.  I am so glad that I didn't go in any earlier.  Even though the students got out at 2, we had a parade that started at 4 & we had to be at our spot in the line up by 3:15.  While waiting for the parade to start it poured!  It did cool everything off for about 20 minutes before it then got insanely muggy.  After the parade we had about an hour down time before we had to start setting up for Dinner on the 50.  Different organizations get to sponsor a dinner on the patio overlooking the 50 yard line as a fundraiser.  Softball got homecoming.  The actual dinner part went just fine, however I didn't stay for even a full quarter of the game.  Why?  Because even though it was supposed to start at 7:30 we got rain delayed until 9 pm.  I stayed for the first touchdown & then headed home because I was so exhausted.

Saturday
Saturday was another super busy day.  I went to Walmart for groceries, cooked, did the dishes, did some laundry, vacuumed, dusted, and picked up the apartment.  The boy who needed a nickname came over & we hung out for a bit before heading over to Helen & Caleb's for a potluck.  Rather than doing fancy dinners like we used to, it was decided that it be changed to potluck so that Steve wasn't the one doing all of the cooking and whatnot.  The theme this time around was brunch.  I made breakfast pizza & bacon and cheese deviled eggs.  We played a few games before I got really old and started getting super sleepy around 8.  We played one more game & then the boy & I headed home.  I managed to only take a picture of the cheesy potato soup that I made, but in addition to that and the brunch items I also made a burrito pie casserole.

Sunday
Sunday was finally my lazy day.  The boy with no nickname got a nickname.  I may come up with something better but for now it's simply The Boyfriend.  That's right, after 8 years of either not dating at all, dating random guys & losers, or "dating" guys that simply couldn't or wouldn't commit, your girl over here has an official boyfriend.  We went to get coffee and donuts, and then just hung out for a bit before he headed home and I sat around doing a whole lot of nothing.  I watched the Vikings turn it around from 7-20 to a 29-29 tie calling for overtime.  I then watched them tie the packers at the end of overtime.  Ties in professional football are ridiculous.  Our kicker deserves to be traded.  At lease we didn't lose to the Packers like we were predicted to...  I did manage a nap and a couple of short walks with Nash.  It was too hot & humid to get any long walks in... which was honestly alright with both of us.  I was exhausted from a couple of long days and Nash was extra sassy.  He even put himself to bed around 6-6:30.  As tempting as going to bed at that time as well sounded, I stayed up to watch some Heartland so that I wouldn't be awake all night long or up at the crack of dawn.

5 comments:

  1. I think the weekend flew by because you did so much! Hope you have a great week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Official BF!!!! Love and man, bacon deviled eggs sound GOOD! Happy Monday babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boyfran! YAY!
    I 100% approve of carrying ALL the bags up in a single trip. #Respect
    Nash in front of the TV is prob my fave, what with my distaste for football and how cute he is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You must be exhausted! Those rallies and events at school are always fun, but the high the kids are on is draining, haha! Glad you had a lazy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete