Friday, September 14, 2018

Four Weeks Down

...and 32 to go.  

But seriously, I know I said it on Monday but this school year is already flying!  Linking up with Amanda.

The head softball coach brought her baby with her this week to practice & she is so stinking tiny and adorable.  I got to hold her a few times & I may have melted a little bit.

I don't know if it's because I'm back at work, the weather is getting cooler, or what, but Nash has been extra cuddly this week so on Monday when I got home from work we just cuddled on the couch & watched more Heartland on Netflix.


As I do every year, I made my students watch something 9/11 related all day on Tuesday.  This year I had them each do a WebQuest related to 9/11 while watching live footage of 9/11: America Remembers.  That night I had a third date with the guy I spent all weekend with.  He made me supper, chicken & black bean soup, which was really good.  I brought a couple of bundtlets from Nothing Bundt Cakes for dessert, red velvet for him & peanut butter chocolate swirl for me.  We watched Jurassic World since I had never seen it before.

On Wednesday I linked up with Andrea & shared some of my camo fashion.  Fun fact, I was originally so neutral about the first date I had with the guy I'm seeing that I wore the exact outfit that I'm wearing in my first camo fashion picture...


Since I had no plans on Wednesday after work I decided to finally tie dye a couple of shirts for the other softball coach & myself as well as a onesie for her new baby girl.  The onesie turned out cute, the shirts...meh.  I definitely should have used more color.  Especially since I had 2 whole bottles of color to do the 3 things.  I clearly haven't tie dyed in awhile.  Oh well.


Thursday I got to see the boy again (who after 4 dates needs a nickname... I'll work on it...)  We went for a walk by the Trinity River, got some coffee, some supper, & then some Steel City Pops.  He also invited me on an out of town work conference in early October & I invited him along on my birthday trip in later October.  As someone who has technically been single for pretty much the past 7 years, this is both super exciting & a little bit terrifying because I've been very independent my entire adult life.  I think I'll keep him around though haha.


After 3 full weeks of my classroom being a sauna the AC finally got fixed & now my classroom is heaven.  It's like a fall day up in there.  It's sweater weather temperatures & smells just like fall thanks to my Cashmere Woods scented plug-in (one of my favorite fall scents).

This week was homecoming week at the school that I work at & each day had a different dress up theme.  The overall theme for homecoming is kaleidoscope, which approximately nobody was impressed with, but whatever.  I will find any excuse to wear jeans or athletic pants to work whenever I can so you can bet your butt that I dressed up everyday.


Monday: Decades (Teachers dressed according to the decade they graduated)
Tuesday: Generation Gap (Teachers could choose to dress either old or young)
Wednesday: Kaleidoscope (Teachers wore red)
Thursday: Dynamic Duo (Everyone found a friend & dressed up as a dynamic duo)
Friday: Spirit Day (Everyone wore school colors)

I saw this the other day on Instagram:


Eisenhower High School in Houston is where I taught for my first 3 years so I thought that was really cool!  I was also the senior sponsor my last year there & a co-sponsor my 2nd year.  (I also looked it up on his Twitter account to see if it was legit or not... it is!)

And finally some funnies to send you into the weekend:





3 comments:

  1. Yay on new guy! Your outfits were so cute this week. The pumpkin up the a$&, soooo funny! Have a wonderful weekend gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh a new guy, how exciting!!! And "what kind of Scooby Doo shit is this?" cracked me up. Hope you have a great weekend, Bri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love the senior shirt story. That's awesome!! I'm intrigued about this new guy. I feel like we have to call him something related to the delicious cooking he's doing. What's your favorite thing at Steel City Pops?

    ReplyDelete