Monday, September 24, 2018

The First Weekend In Fall

According to the calendar fall officially began on Saturday.  It sure as hell still doesn't feel like fall temperature wise here though.  With highs in the mid-80s to low-90s & lows in the low to mid-70s most of the time it still might as well be summer outside.

Linking up with Biana for Weekending.

Friday

Even though I felt a little better than I had the rest of the week, aka I was still congested & sneezing but no sore throat, I was so exhausted that I stayed in bed an extra half hour.  That meant that I was able to give Nash his walk but not get in the extra 20 minutes or so of walking that I had been doing.  Totally worth it to stay in bed though.  No one wants to go on a 30-45 minute power walk on less than 5 hours of sleep.

My friend Ally & I had talked about getting pedicures after work, which I still desperately need, but she had a volleyball game & I still felt like crap.  So instead I went home, ate my leftovers from dinner with The Boyfriend (it looked a lot better the night before), watched Heartland on Netflix, and went to bed at 8:30.

Saturday
Saturday was another rainy day & even though rainy days usually mean being lazy, & still battling a cold also made me want to be lazy, I decided that I should be at least somewhat productive.  I got some grading done, made a seating chart for 3 of my 4 classes (the 4th one doesn't need one because they are awesome), did some dishes, & got the laundry out of the dryer... it didn't get hung up because I didn't want to get too carried away...

After my stint at productivity Nasho & I watched some more Heartland while I painted my nails.  Even though I had just made them super pretty earlier in the week, I picked them off & painted them because I didn't like how poorly I had applied the ColorStreet nails before.  Maybe the second try will go better.  Plus, the new colors I painted them go perfectly with my favorite fall colors.

That evening both Nasho & I hopped in the car and headed to The Boyfriend's house for a chill night.  We each got our own pizza from Dominos because that's how you compromise on toppings.  We also watched Tag which I thought was hilarious.  Nash loved having a house and a backyard to run around in.

Sunday
Having ran around until his little heart was content the night before, Nash was feeling pretty lazy on Sunday.  Seeing as I had gotten less than 5 hours of sleep I did not object.  We lazed around watching Netflix until it was time for me to shower & head to Fort Worth.

The Boyfriend & I met up at Buffalo Brothers so that I could watch the Vikings game.  I went back and forth trying to figure out where to watch the game when I remembered that Buffalo Brothers is a Buffalo sports bar, and since we were playing the Buffalo Bills I knew the game was guaranteed to be on.  Plus, they have great wings.  What I did not expect was that the Vikings would get murdered by the worst team in the league.  I was not a happy camper.  Trey & his girlfriend showed up about halftime and then at the end we all went our separate ways.  They to go watch the Cowboys also lose, & we to go on a little adventure that started with froyo, was followed by the Botanical Garden, & ended with coffee before heading home where I spent an hour on the phone with my mama followed by an hour on the phone with my favorite cousin Becky.  So much for going to bed early like I had planned.  I didn't wind up in bed until 10.

5 comments:

  1. Ummm I missed something because you're referring to him as your boyfriend! Yay! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun and relaxing weekend! Yay for boyfriend... and a Cowboys loss!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "because that's how you compromise on toppings"
    touche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Tag! Hilarious on the Dominos toppings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uhh Boyfriend? First of all YAY! Second... I swear I read all your posts, what did I miss? hehe super happy for your friend!

    ReplyDelete