Monday, July 16, 2018

Weekending

Happy Monday Prime Day!  I have no idea if I'll actually buy anything or not but I'm excited nonetheless.  This is also my last week with no work.  That's not even entirely true.  I have a 4 hour training on Wednesday but it was optional.  I just wanted something to do, to see co-workers, & get out of the house for a bit.  Linking up with Biana for a little weekend recap!

Friday
I had planned on meeting up with a former co-worker for her unofficial going away party.  However, I didn't really feel like driving over an hour to a bar & I had met up with her & another recently for drinks anyway.  So instead, I went to the gym to do 2 miles on the treadmill, did some laundry, the dishes, and made both Green Chili Pork & 7UP Chicken and Rice in the crockpot.  The pork was amazing, the chicken was so bland.

I met up with the guy that I was supposed to go out with on Wednesday for supper.  It was last minute since we had originally moved our date to today, but when I wound up not going to the going away party he asked if I wanted to meet up.  I had a lot of fun.  He's really easy to talk to & funny.  Fingers crossed we go out again.

Saturday
Mr. Nash had to go to the vet for his annual shots & check-up.  I asked how much he weighed (38 lbs) & she said that he looks really healthy but if anything she'd like to see him down to 35 lbs.  So this is basically Nash now...


That night I met up with my friend Raeann & we basically hopped all around Fort Worth trying to find something fun to do.  We had planned on Guitars & Cadillacs but we got there just a couple minutes too late & didn't want to pay the cover.  So we headed to the Stockyards.  We ate at Riscky's BBQ & then made our way down to Filthy McNasty's where some guy felt the need to put his hand on my ass & then get all offended when I told him I didn't want to dance or have his hand on my ass.  So we finished our drinks & walked a couple of doors down to the Thirsty Armadillo where no one was dancing.  We headed across town to the West 7th part of town.  We had a drink somewhere, I really don't know the name of the bar.  However, while standing at the bar I turned around & had to do a quick double take when I saw & realized that the athletic trainer from my first job up here was right behind me grinding on a girl.  I died laughing & text all of my old coaching friends.  Tired of being pretty much the only people above the age of 22 we headed to TheYard for a game of Jenga & then called it a night.

Sunday
I had planned on going to the gym when I woke up but the second I put my tennis shoes on my left ankle killed.  It's raw right where my shoe hits my ankle & I knew there was no way I could do any significant time on the treadmill because it hurt just walking from one room to another.  So instead I made breakfast & hung out with Nash before heading off to church.  

The last time I went to church was over a year ago.  I've been wanting to go back for quite some time but I've been torn on the where to go.  No offense if it's the type of church you go to, but I'm not a fan of mega churches.  They just aren't for me.  That being said, that is the kind of church I went to knowing full well I probably wasn't going to love it.  I didn't even like this one at all though.  So now I'm church shopping.  Which is kind of like dating ha.  As to why I went to a mega church knowing I wouldn't love it... well, they're easy to walk into alone, especially when you haven't been to church in awhile.  It's so easy to just be there because there are SO many people.  That of course is also what I don't love about them.  I find them impersonal & theatrical.  The smaller & more traditional churches I do find intimidating to walk into alone.

After church I did a whole lot of nothing.  I wound up taking a couple of naps on the couch.  It has been so hot here that even though I was inside, it just had me exhausted.  I asked Friday night guy if he'd still want to go out Monday night since we had moved our Monday date to Friday & he asked if it could possibly wait since he was so exhausted & sore.  In all fairness, he spent the entire weekend building fence in 100+ degree weather.

So say a little prayer that not only I get a 2nd date with the boy, but also that I find a church that fits!

5 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed on the second date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping you get that 2nd date! Enjoy this last week off! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the megachurches. Not really my style at all. I had to LOL at the Mean Girls meme for Nash. That's perfect. WTF on the guy who was offended that you didn't want his hand on your ass. Here's hoping for another date with the easygoing guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you get to go out with him again also! Go to a medium sized church :) Im the same way with churches. When I dont go for a bit I feel so awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers and toes crossed! I spy giant Jenga, so fun!

    ReplyDelete