Friday, September 20, 2019

It's Been Awhile

Remember on August 1st when I shared my goals & one of them was to blog every single day in August & then I didn't blog again until right now...

I actually didn't really complete any of those goals.  I'm also only really back because Jess sent me a message the other day on Instagram & told me I had to write an update lol.

I had set the following goals for August:

1. Start Transform20 again
Instead I cancelled my Beachbody On Demand altogether...

2. Get through 2 grad school classes
I also quit grad school... not only was I set back because of being in a new district & not having any data, I also realized just how much I actually hate teaching & have no desire to work on a degree that will only get me further in teaching...

3. Blog every day

4. Get my new apartment set up
I did do this one!

5. Get my new classroom set up
I found out the very next day that I wasn't actually going to be teaching US History but instead 9th grade World Geography so my theme & joy went right out the window... if you've read any of my posts about teaching you know just how much I HATE teaching 9th grade world geo...

6. No fast food
7. Meal plan/prep each week
8. Track spending
9. Restart a gratitude journal

10. Find a new hobby
I didn't really find a new hobby but pretty much right after I moved into my apartment I got myself a boyfriend & a group of friends to hang out with all the time sooo same difference.

Because it's been nearly 2 months since I last posted a blog post, it's also been 2 months since I last did a Currently post.  So what better, and easier, way to update ya'll on what I've been up to.

Accomplishing getting rid of things that no longer matter to me & are/were causing stress.
Buying mostly food...
Day Dreaming about no longer being a teacher.  Ya'll it's bad.  My new district isn't even bad.  I have been thinking about getting out of education for awhile but this year has just shown me just how much I actually dislike being a teacher.  I've been looking at non-teaching jobs since about day 18 of this school year...
Drinking lots of water
Eating "like a king" according to my roommate.  Mostly because I cook for Danny & I every night to every other night.  And because I have someone else to cook for rather than just myself, I put more of an effort into it.  This week for example I've made both pulled pork stuffed poblano peppers & pulled pork nachos.
Enjoying that my drive to work is now only 35 min instead of over an hour
Feeling grateful
Knowing that everything happens for a reason.  If you all remember, all the way up until about July 23 I was still holding out hope that I would get a teaching job in Minnesota & I wouldn't have to move back to Texas.  Ya'll I sobbed when I realized I was moving back to Texas.  I got ready to start my grad school classes August 1st so that I could finish by the end of January & be able to apply for jobs back in Minnesota.  But then I did move back to Texas & 4 days after I moved into my apartment I met Danny & we have basically been inseparable since.  He is everything I wanted & didn't know I needed.
Listening to a lot of Chris Young
Looking at Indeed.com pretty much daily.  If I was offered a job today that paid me at least what I'm making right now I would walk away tomorrow & not even feel bad...
Loving Danny

Making lots of new to me recipes
Needing a long break from work... and it's only the end of week 5.  Luckily there is a 4 day weekend coming up in October!
Waiting impatiently for next weekend when Danny & I are going out of town together for the first time for a wedding.
Wanting to get my refund from school so that I can pay off some debt.
Wearing a lot of dresses.  I'm still refusing to wear dress pants so that means I wear dresses 3 days a week to work & jeans the 2 days I'm allowed to wear jeans.  As soon as I get home though I'm in yoga pants & a tank top.
Wondering what kind of job I could get that would pay me at least the same amount that I am making now as a teacher but doesn't require a master's degree & I could preferably do from home at least some of the time.

8 comments:

  1. Yay for an update and I'm glad you're enjoying Houston (even if you're blah about your job). What have you looked at doing so far that doesn't involve teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job to do with your degree that isn't teaching that you can do from home: TECHNICAL WRITING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for a new boyfriend, but I am so sad that you're having such a rough time with teaching. I hope you find something else you enjoy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I feel ya on the teaching front. If i were in a classroom this year.. well, i probably would have quit already.

    And yay for Danny! You'll have to share some of those winning recipes youre making for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The silver lining: you figured out that you dont like teaching and now you dont have to waste any more time for it. On to bigger and better things! Teaching...man, that is a thankless job and those who do teach - MAD PROPS to them for having to deal with little shits ALL.FUCKING.DAY. I couldn't handle it, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you've been having such a rough start to the year. That said, I'm so glad you found someone that makes you happy and to have adventures with! Good luck with the job search... let me know as you figure out what you want and I'll send ideas your way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you. Every Danny I know including my hubby is good. So i ship this.

    PS if you hate it leave it. Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I'm also only really back because Jess sent me a message the other day on Instagram & told me I had to write an update lol." HAHAHAHA I'm glad I manifested this post! After seeing so many pictures of him on IG, I just wanted some deets lol!

    ReplyDelete