Thursday, August 1, 2019

August Goals


I haven't done a goals post since March, & I'm pretty sure I didn't complete most of them...

1. Start Transform20 again
I had started Transform20 back when it initially came out in January.  I made it through 4.5-5 of the 6 weeks & then quit.  This time I'm not quitting.  I actually just started 21 Day Fix again this week but when that's done I'll jump into T20.

2. Get through 2 grad school classes
My courses at WGU start today actually.  I am going to try my hardest to get it all done in 6 months & since it's 12 courses I'm aiming to get at least 2 done per month

3. Blog every day
I actually wrote down post ideas for each day Mon-Fri for all of August last month.  Now the trick will be sticking to it.

4. Get my new apartment set up
I got back down to my apartment this past Saturday & got all of my stuff moved in on Monday.  Now I just need to get everything set up & decorated how I want.

5. Get my new classroom set up
The school year starts on the 19th & I'll be teaching a new subject this year, US History.  This year I want to have a theme to my classroom.  I'm aiming for Instagram themed.

6. No fast food
Besides the fact that I need to start being healthier again, I also need to start saving money.

7. Meal plan/prep each week
Being at my parents' for the last 2 months meant that I didn't have to meal plan/prep.  Sure I helped with ideas & cooking but that was usually on a day to day basis.  Now that I'm back to completely fending for myself, & going back to work soon, I need to get back into the habit of planning healthy meals for the week & getting them all prepped on Sundays.

8. Track spending
A lot is & needs to change this year financially.  First of all, I'm starting a new job which means my salary is different.  My bills will also be different because I'm living in a new place & have a roommate again for the first time in years.  Not only that though, my debt & spending are ridiculous.  There are certain things that I can't control because what's done is done, but I can control what I spend from here forward.  So first things first, detailed tracking of what I spend my money on for the month of August & then seeing where I can make cuts.

9. Restart a gratitude journal
I had one before & I could definitely feel a change in my mood.  I was just happier in general while doing it.  Then life happened & I stopped doing it.  I really need to get back at it.

10. Find a new hobby
Preferably a free or cheap one.   I just need something to get me out of my routine without breaking the bank.  I have a habit of getting stuck in a routine of work, home, work, home.  I don't want that to keep happening but know that unless I actively try to figure something out it's going to.  Especially since I'll also be throwing grad school work on top of it.

4 comments:

  1. My preselected hobby after I finish school is to join the Wind Ensemble in our city. Sadly, my dad sold off my euphonium, but I'm going to see if they'll let me borrow one to test out if I like being part of it or not. I've been stalking them on FB since I discovered them in early 2018, waiting for May 2020 to roll around. I miss band nerding sooo much and other than the instrument, it will be free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused by your grad classes- you can complete one in a month?! That's crazy! Packing and unpacking stinks but I like the decorating a brand new space- hope you have fun with it! Good luck tracking and finding a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I seriously need to track my spending too... and stick to my budget. If you figure out a good system for this, let me know! And I made one of my August goals to try to break out of my routine/comfort zone once a week because I definitely end up not doing much besides going to work and therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to join you on the gratitude journal. I've been glad that training / work has made it easier to return to my intermittent fasting schedule... but I need to do more than that until I can be mobile again. I need to figure out what I'm going to write about in September and work towards knocking those posts out. I really enjoyed having time to blog this summer.

    ReplyDelete