Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Oh The Places I Would Go

Linking up with Emily @ Martinis & Bikinis.

I love travelling.  I love everything about travelling.  I love the planning process.  I love seeing new places.  I love trying new foods.  I love experiencing new cultures.  I love meeting locals.  All of it.  There is not a single thing about travelling I don't like.  Ok...I don't love the spending money.  If I could do it for free or was loaded it'd be better.

Last month Kickass Cousin & I took a 5 day road trip that you can read about here, here, here, & here.  Sadly I don't have any trips planned for the new future.  There has been brief talk about a possible Nashville trip in November to have a joint birthday celebration for a friend & myself but nothing concrete has been set.  I would also love to go out to California to visit a couple friends but again no real plans have been talked about.  Time & money are both issues.  I decided a couple of weeks ago that within the next couple of years I really want to be able to buy a house.  Being able to buy a house of course means saving money.  As you'll read tomorrow, I also have massive student loan debt which of course means I have monetary responsibilities that don't allow for trips whenever the mood strikes (which is always...)  I'll also be coaching 2 sports this year which means November-April/May my life will basically filled with games & practice so taking off work will be near impossible.

So because I've already talked about my recent vacation, & have no real vacation plans to talk about, here are a couple of trips that I would love to go on if time & money were no issue.

Backpacking through Europe

Ever since I found this trip online through Contiki I have been obsessed with the thought of taking it.  For those of you that don't care to click on the link (I don't blame you) I'll give you the website summary. 

" Head into the great unknown with this 26 day camping tour. Meet up in Athens and begin your adventure with stops in places like Turkey, Macedonia and Croatia before getting back on the mainstream track through Germany and Switzerland - these are just a few of the amazing countries you'll visit! The best bit though, has to be doing it the way Contiki started - a bunch of new friends, two person tents, and the open road."

"You will visit: Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro (in transit), Bosnia & Herzegovina (in transit), Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium (in transit), France (in transit)"

I loved that so much time is spent in Eastern Europe.  Not only do I want to see as much of the world as possible, but I feel like when people go to Europe people tend to go to Western Europe.  I want to do something different.  Plus, Turkey has always intrigued me.  My mom is not a fan of the fact that I'd be going to places like Albania (Taken anyone??)

Pacific Coast Highway Road Trip

(Image)

Kickass Cousin & I have talked about doing this a few times.  We keep saying it'll be our next road trip.  That we would fly out, rent a car for the drive, & then fly back home.  Not only would it knock out a new state for me, the views always look so gorgeous.  It also helps that I LOVE driving.

Caribbean Beach Getaway

(Image)

I never really used to be a beach person.  Lounging around on the beach was not my idea of a great vacation.  I wanted to be out doing something & seeing more rustic places.  The older I get that is not true.  I still want the other types of trips too but the idea of just being on the beach is so appealing.  Mostly because I want to be able to just do nothing sometimes.  I just want to relax, drink, get a tan, & be somewhere beautiful.  Krystal @ The Kay Times told me I just needed to go to the Caribbean & I could take all the beach trips I wanted which is how it landed itself as the 3rd vacation on my list.

I would love to leave the country again, I haven't done so in 9 years!  More realistically at the moment however I need to cross more states off of my list.  At 29 states I'm doing pretty damn good if I do say so myself.  But I'm still 21 short so I'm not satisfied.  I've conquered the Deep South & the entire middle of the US so next up is either west coast or north east.  Unless some sort of road trip gets planned, I'm thinking California is what will get knocked out list. Cali & Montana are at the top of my list.  Any of the remaining 21 would be A-Ok with me though!  Or ya know...there's always Mexico and/or Canada since I live right by both of them during different times in the year yet have been to neither...

If you had unlimited time & money where would you go??

9 comments:

  1. My friend went to Vietnam through Contiki and still raves about her trip!! I really hope that you get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would travel Europe for months if I was able to. I would love to live in London or Paris for weeks at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love to travel! If vacation time wasn't so sparse I would definitely do more each year oh and of course money! Your road trips look like so much fun, an awesome way to see more of the country! I've been to Montana 3 times - once in the summer and twice in the winter. It's so beautiful there, and I highly suggest a stay at Big Sky Resort if you're looking to go there soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree the best part about traveling is trying new things and just indulging yourself in the local culture ~ the food, people, history, culture etc...The planning process is also so fun and you have something to countdown to. A Pacific Coast road trip sounds like my idea of fun and you definitely need to make it to the Caribbean when you can! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see all of the connected 48 United States. I have only been between Florida and Maryland. My husband and I have talked about a dream road trip from South Carolina (where we live) to Maine, and also going to Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd go to Italy, and I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon. And Hawaii. And I'd like to go back to Bermuda! Maybe I will win the lottery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom is super wary of me visiting Europe, even though I'm sure China has just the same rate of crime and yet we go back home readily. I think that a planned tour is definitely the best deal, but I've had friends go on those who said that they didn't get enough time to check everything out.

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unlimited time and funds to travel is the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been dreaming of Greece, Italy, London, Ireland and the Bahamas for ages! How do you get those jobs to do reviews of hotels and places to visit? Like a travel guide writer so you can travel and do everything for free? I want that job.

    ReplyDelete