Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Little Bit Of This A Little Bit Of That

The lovely Kristen over at See You In A Porridge answered these questions & I thought "these are fun!" so I decided to answer them as well.

1. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving.  First of all, the food.  Second of all, the food.  No but seriously...I love that you still get all of the family time but without nearly as much stress as Christmas seems to cause.  Plus, like I said, the food.  I crave Thanksgiving food pretty much all year long.

2. If you could spend a week by yourself (no travel companion, just you) anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Is it cheating if I say road trip?  I would say backpacking through Europe but a week isn't even close to enough time.  I eventually want to see all 50 states & while I'm over halfway there...I've never seen the West Coast or New England so I'd either want to road trip through like WA, OR, CA, & a few other Western states or start in Maine & work my way down.

3. You can only have one of the following totally materialistic items; which one would it be?  The house of your dreams, the car of your dreams, or the wardrobe of your dreams?
Clothes.  As much as I'd love a house I'm not really ready for the responsibilities yet (ie the leak I just had in my ceiling & thankfully didn't have to take care of because #RenterStatus).  I also really want a 2011-2013 bright blue Ford extended cab pick-up but I don't hate my current car (even though it sure gives me a lot of grief sometimes).  What I do hate are my clothes.  I wear the same few things over & over & over, feel like I have nothing to wear, & have had most of my clothes for YEARS!  I want to love & wear my entire closet.  I don't want super fancy & definitely don't want super expensive but I do want cute & practical.

4. Do you blog most often during the day or at night?
I'm really not sure.  This question actually stumped me.  I have around 30 posts drafted/scheduled right now but I couldn't tell you when I do most of them.  I'm typing this one up 2 weeks in advance at 9 am while my students take a final.  My weekending posts are usually done Sunday nights, my Friday Favorite posts are done randomly throughout the week, random posts are done whenever the mood strikes me.

5. Coffee or tea?
Coffee.  I don't care if it's 80 degrees out or 4 in the afternoon, I'll still drink coffee.  If I make it at home it's usually just black or maybe with a splash of creamer.  If I go to Starbucks I either get peppermint or salted caramel mocha.  If I go to Caribou I either get a campfire mocha or a turtle mocha.  The only gas station I will drink coffee from is Holiday.

6. You are forced to give up two of the following; which do you keep? Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram?
Twitter.  I'm addicted.  If you want to follow my blog one it's @mylifeasbriblog but I literally only have it for giveaways...  The one I actually use is @nrthmeetssouth

I used to be super addicted to Instagram (like multiple pictures a day addicted) but now I pretty much just crank out my one picture a day for my photo challenge.  If I do something exciting there will be more.  Mine is private but if you request me I'll accept @briannemcc

7. Bath or shower?
I hate the thought of going to take a shower, & I'm not a fan of washing my hair, but I love being in the shower.  If I want to relax I'll take a bubble bath sometimes but that's rare.

8. What's your favorite (something visual that involves admiring other people's talents) concert, or musical, or play, or painting?
Ok if you have followed my blog for any length of time you know I go to a million concerts.  I love concerts.  The second I walk out of one I have concert withdrawal.  My favorite is Eric Church.  I love him more & more with each concert & each album.  I have seen him 4 times so far, am for sure going to see him in June, and possibly in March & July.

8. Cats or dogs?
Dogs for sure.  That's not even a question for me.

9. You kill an hour in front of your television.  You watch reality tv, a drama, a documentary, a comedy?
Most likely drama.  My DVR right now has the following shows scheduled: Hart of Dixie, The Walking Dead, Nashville, Girl Meets World, Chicago Fire, Hawaii Five-0, & NCIS: LA

11. Do you dance, sing, or play a musical instrument?
I dance. I sing. I do neither well.  I played the recorder in like 4th grade, alto sax 5th-8th grade, the oboe in 9th grade, & I have owned 2 guitars that I cannot play.  I would still really love to learn acoustic guitar but I'm going to have to save up to actually take lessons.

12. If you could change one thing in your past what would it be?
I don't regret things.  Everything, good or bad, has taught me something & put me on the path to where I'm at right now.

13. What is your go to comfort food?
When I think comfort food I think mashed potatoes & gravy.  What I usually grab is chips because they're easier.

14. What is the last book you read?

If you haven't read it yet, even if you've seen the movie, I highly suggest you read it.

15. Do your close friends/family know about your blog?
Kickass Cousin knows & knows the URL.  One of my friends & my mom are vaguely aware that I have one but that's it.  That's also the way I'd like to keep it.

16. What is your dream job?
Growing up my dream job was to be a teacher...and that's what I do.  I'm on the fence on this one right now.  If I go back to school it will be for Communications with a minor in Sports Management.  However, if I could get paid to do anything?  I'd want someone to pay me to travel & go to concerts.

17. Best thing about being a blogger?
The other bloggers!

18. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter

19. Favorite show to binge watch?
God bless Netflix for allowing binging.  Currently I'm binging Friends but I have also done it with Army Wives, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dawson's Creek, & Friday Night Lights.  I want to say there was one or 2 more but I couldn't tell you what they would be so maybe it just feels like I've binged more.

20. If you could visit with anyone dead or alive who would it be?
I'm going to take the easy way out on this one.  I sort of answered this question twice before in other posts.  You can see here & here.  I can't choose just one person so those posts both talk about who I'd invite to a dinner party.

21. Who is your celebrity crush?
Surprise, surprise.  I think a decent amount of celebrities are cute but I really wouldn't say I crush on any of them.  I'm not all "Ryan Gosling *swoon*"  Don't get me wrong he's cute, & so are others, but that's about as far is it ever goes.  I don't read magazines, or seek out articles about celebrities, or stare at pictures lol.  I wouldn't even really say I have a crush on Eric Church.  I just have amazing respect for him, his music, & what it's taken for him to get where he is.  Ok, so he's not bad on the eyes either.

22. Why did you start your blog?
I started this blog back in 2010.  At that time I was a member of a military significant others message board.  I sort of had one on there & a few of the other girls had "real" blogs outside of the site & so I decided to start one as well.  My blog has definitely seen it's highs & lows since I first his publish back in February 2010.

9 comments:

  1. This was a super fun post to read!!
    Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday because I get to stuff my face, multiple times a day, and not be judged for it. I hosted two thanksgivings this year just so I could have a five day eating marathon. New tradition for sure!!
    I'm jealous of your ability to schedule things so far in advance. I'm only starting to get onto a 2 day in advance schedule, but even that is rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this post!!! I want to do it now too, hope you and Kristen don't mind ;) I can't believe you wrote this post 2 weeks ago and you have 30 posts drafted?!? Where on earth do you find the time I literally just finished the one that is going to post in about 40 minutes. #slacker :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to do a solo road trip! so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a Twitter addict as well. It kicks Facebook's ass :) and a road trip throughout the Pacific Northwest would be INCREDIBLE. Love all of your answers here. And yes, TWD is awesome to binge-watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers. Dogs all the way!! I am totally more into Instagram. Twitter moves to fast for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun read! And, yes, I've had several friends rave to me already about American Sniper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great read but Im just sitting there stumped that you have so many posts in draft! Clearly Im failing at blog life haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the fun things about the blogosphere...those first ten questions were mine that I gave Kristen. Then, you saw them and answered. Then, another blogger saw yours and answered. Now, I'm here, reading your blog and loving your answers. Yay!

    ReplyDelete