15 Signs You're MaybeKindOfSortOf In A Relationship First of all I can't stress how much I love Buzzfeed! Reading articles on there is a daily occurance. My friends & I are constantly sending each other links to random, fitting articles such as the one you're about to read below (which I sent to 5 of my girlfriends the second I finished reading it...because it is 100% my life...) Beyond the fact that I found myself saying yep to nearly all of these (there are a few that don't apply such as #12 because those do happen...& #9 because he always holds the door for me...) when Mr. Fireman & I went to the movies a little while ago the trailer for That Awkward Moment (which sponsors this Buzzfeed article) played & in nearly every scenario they talk about I could see him turn & look at me...to which I wanted to turn back to him & say (SEE YA IDIOT...WE. ARE. A. COUPLE! ... I held back)
1. You avoid introducing each other with actual titles like “boyfriend” (ew!) and “girlfriend” (ehk!).
2. Your friends in real relationships show their affection openly…
3. …while you have other ways of showing it.
4. You wait to schedule all plans until you hear from them. But you don’t let yourself wait around forever… right?
5. You still check out other girls/guys, but you feel guilty about it.
6. You tell them that you don’t care if they see other people…
7. …but as cool as you try to play it, jealousy always takes over.
8. You text in ambiguous code all day long.
9. You’re afraid of gestures that seem too romantic…
10. …especially holding hands! You can sleep together, but holding hands is TOO SERIOUS.
11. You’ve found every which way to get comfortable in bed…
12. …but you’re still not comfortable sleeping over.
13. Privately, you allow yourself to be as affectionate as you want to be…
14. …but in public, it’s a completely different story.
15. You’ve both tried to approach the “are we official?” conversation, but end up just talking around the issue.
For a clearer picture of the completely unclear MaybeKindOfSortOf dating world, check out That Awkward Moment.