Tuesday, January 4, 2011

50 Book Challenge

I tried this challenge last year.  The goal is to read 50 books in 52 weeks.  I started out awesome last year.  I was reading at least 1 book a week.  But then I started reading this book that took awhile to give into & I gave up.  I would really like to be able to accomplish this goal this year.  I figure I'm also going to have more time since I'll be moving back to Mora in the beginning of May.  Once I'm back in Mora basically none of my friends will be around, my mom works all day, my brother is never around, & my dad does bridge construction so he'll be gone all the time.  Plus Branden will be deploying & the friends that I do hang out with in St. Cloud will be going away for summer internships or graduating in May.

So!  That means, unless I'm working alll the time, which I am hoping for a lot of hours over the summer, I will have plenty of free time to read.  So someone on a forum that I belong to, which is where I found this whole 50 book challenge, mentioned the site shelfari.  It's a place to keep track of all of the books you have, which ones you've read, & you can rate them or what not.  I put all of my books into "my bookshelf".  I have a slight dilemma, I apparently only own 40 books. 

That means I need to buy/rent at least 10 more books.  Plus I have read almost all of the ones I have, some many times over, and some of them for last years challenge.  Of course I can read them again, there are no rules agains that, but I would really like some more books.  So I'll start with the ones I have, but if anyone has some suggestions for some good books, PLEASE SHARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment