Monday, July 8, 2019

Monday Morning Coffee Vol. 16


Happy Monday everyone!  I hope that everyone had a fun & safe 4th of July weekend!  My weekend wasn't quite what I had planned, but it was good nonetheless & definitely lowkey.

Friday
As has been most of my days this summer, I spent most of Friday at home just hanging out.  I did finally drink a little thing of wine I had bought back when I was in Houston 2 weeks ago.  My Snapchat Bitmoji fit perfectly over the little container haha.  It was Electric Sky Moscato.  It was okay.  Moscato isn't my favorite to begin with but it wasn't bad.  That evening I went with my parents to meet up with my aunt & uncle at a brewery that has apparently opened up in my hometown.  The beer I had was pretty good.  I'd like to go back again so that I can get a flight to try some more, & maybe when they have a food truck there.  It was good to catch up with my aunt & uncle.  I'm pretty sure the last time I saw them was Christmas.

Saturday
Saturday I had tentative plans to go to a Twins game with The Guy From HS.  However, despite talking every single day for nearly 3 weeks, & having a blast the weekend before, he basically ghosted on me.  I sent him a message at 9:45 asking what his plan was for the day & around 1:15, 5 minutes after game time, he simply responded with "chill."  I took a breather so as not to royally rip him a new one & then an hour later sent him a message basically telling him that I had enjoyed talking to him, had fun hanging out with him, liked him & thought he had liked me too, but that while I get that things come up & he is busy, that my time is also valuable & I wasn't mad that we didn't go to the game but thought it was crappy of him to not let me know either way.  I ended it nicely saying I was glad he had fun at a pro golf event the day before & hoped that he had a good day that day...even added a smiley face so it didn't come across as bitchy, & nothing.  I haven't heard from him since.  Not an apology or an explanation.  Which is slightly awkward considering how many mutual friends we have & the odds of us running into each other again at some point are up there...

So instead I went for a backroad drive with Nash & hung out at home.

Sunday
Sunday I Nash & I went to go hang out with my friend Sonja & her dog Bella.  The dogs coexisted while we got our tan on.  When I got home my dad had smoked a brisket & my mom had made homemade coleslaw as well as mac & cheese.  Basically it was like Texas in Minnesota!

I had previously mentioned that I had applied to some jobs back in Minnesota, because I REALLY don't want to leave, & 3 of the positions close today, one of which I was already emailed back by a principal.  Cross your fingers, say your prayers, & send good vibes that I get a MN job & don't have to leave!  I cannot stress enough how much I want to stay in MN.

4 comments:

  1. Stupid boy. He needs to not suck but he does and good for you. GOOD LUCK WITH MN POSITIONS!!!! (That brisket looked AMAZING. Your dad can share his recipe... I'll take one for the team.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys are stupid. Ugh. HATE.
    Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending all the good work vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet friend, sending all the positive vibes your way, I know this would mean so much to you!

    ReplyDelete