Friday, July 5, 2019

Friday Favorites *7/5*


Happy first Friday in July!  I hope that this month has been off to a good start for everyone & that if you are celebrating the 4th this weekend you have a fun & safe time!

Linking up with Andrea

From the Phone

While out to lunch with my cousin I randomly ran into a friend from HS... not in our hometown


I made this!  My cousin's fiancé did a paint & pallet for her bridal shower




Moments of Gratitude
**Getting accepted to grad school**

**Hearing back from a principal from a school district in MN**

**Getting to hang out with The Guy From HS...**

**...and getting "have a great day" messages from him in the morning**

**Getting to meet up with friends this week**
Events of the Week
**On Sunday I randomly hung out with The Guy From HS.  (Let's get him a better name...)  I met up with him at a bar in town & I intended to go for a beer or 2 & we wound up hanging out at the bar for like 5-6 hours.  He is hilarious**

**A week ago I went to get a massage for a knot I thought I had in my shoulder...turns out I actually had a rib out of place so on Wednesday I went to the chiropractor.  It felt so good.  Oddly enough the normal doctor was on vacation so they asked if I was okay with seeing the fill in.  I said sure & then the day before found it was actually a girl I had graduated with**

**I applied to grad school!  I should be starting September 1st & then God willing I'll be done by Mar 1**

**I got to meet up with my cousin for lunch on Monday, where I ran into a kid from HS, & then got to have supper with my high school best friend on Tuesday**

**In a moment of panic, because I *STILL* haven't heard back from the district in Houston about doing official paperwork, I looked at about what I assume I'll be making there & then took a real look at what I'd be making at some districts in MN, & it turns out it's essentially the same.  Either way money is going to be tight & come next year when I have my Master's I'll get a giant pay raise in MN but a very minimal one if I stay in TX.  So, I talked to my mom about it & she encouraged me to apply... so I applied to 7 positions in 5 districts.  I heard back from one of the principals the next day saying that the position closes on Monday & they will "reach out with next steps shortly thereafter."  So really now it's all just a timing game... who can get me paperwork first & if it's MN can I find someone to sublease for my apartment.  If I was living there alone it'd be no problem to just pay the fine & break the contract but I have a roommate & I'm not going to leave her high & dry.  So IF I get a MN job offer, that comes with paperwork, before I sign any paperwork in Houston there is a strong chance I'll be staying in MN instead of going back**

Funnies


Me if I ever get a boyfriend





Nash


Nash really wants to be Jack's best friend...


...Jack mostly tries to ignore Nash.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on getting in to grad school! I was like, "Wow, I missed a lot!" haha Although I also thought you were already in grad school before? Or maybe you were just getting certified for something? I guess the bottom line is that I'm old and confused hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, those are some changes... can't wait to see what happens

    ReplyDelete