Friday, July 12, 2019

Friday Favorites *7/12*



From the Phone

We had some leftover brisket so I made brisket stuffed peppers



I really hope the Sour Patch Kids Blizzard stays around forever



Moments of Gratitude
**Getting to hang out with my 2 best friends from college**

**Having a college advisor who has my back 7 years after I've graduated from college**

**Having a phone interview with a school district in MN**

**Getting an email to set up an interview with a 2nd district in MN**

**Having the world's most supportive parents**

Events of the Week
**On Monday my 2 best friends from college drove up to my hometown so that we could all hang out.  We met up at a bar in my hometown where we just hung out talking & laughing for a few hours.  Towards the end though we all thought we saw The Guy From HS at the end of the bar & I quickly learned that if I were to run into him, I will not be calm, cool, & collected.  Luckily it was not him so we can put that inevitable run in off for another day**

**On Tuesday I got a phone call from a school district in MN wanting to set up a round 1 phone interview for the following day.  I was basically on Cloud Nine all day**

**On Wednesday I had said interview.  I was instantly 10x more nervous because the principal started off the interview by saying, "Congratulations!  We started out with 170 applicants & have narrowed it down to 25 for phone interviews today & tomorrow.  By the end of the day Friday I will let everyone know if they are moving onto round 2 or not.  Round 2 will be in person interviews for 6-10 people."  COOL!  I was already nervous only to find out that I am competing against 24 incredibly qualified candidates only to have to potentially compete again next week**

**Not long after I got off the phone for that interview I got an email from another district in MN wanting to set up an in person interview for Tuesday**

**My college advisor has also been insanely helpful during this entire process.  He has reached out to people at all 6 of the Minnesota high schools I've applied to on my behalf.  Yesterday morning he emailed me again to let me know that he has 2 good friends that work in the district I had interviewed at the day before & would be reaching out to them in hopes that a positive comment from them would go a long way in my favor**

**Because when I left Texas 6 weeks ago I never saw any of this happening, I left all of my professional clothes in Texas.  So yesterday I had to go find an outfit to wear next week to interview in.  Thank God for Snapchat because I had to ask probably a dozen people if they felt my outfit was appropriate or not...  Thanks Megan & Jess for your input**

**6 weeks after initially being offered the job near Houston I finally got an email saying they were processing my paperwork & they needed me to send them my college transcript...  They didn't even send me the email until 3:50 PM yesterday & I wasn't at home at the time to email it over.  They also aren't open on Fridays during the summer.  That means it won't even get looked at until Monday.  I'm honestly not even 100% sure I sent the right one...  I'm really just hoping that it buys me some more time to get a job landed here in MN so that I don't even have to sign the paperwork...**

Funnies





Nash

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for being a prude, lol. But with 25 candidates, you need to bring the A-st A game. I know it might be over the top, but a pants/skirt suit might be the most professional option. No shoulder pads necessary.
    And I now buy "short" pants so that way my shit ain't wet when it rains. Why don't people tell teenagers that you CAN actually find clothes in your size/length? Ugh.
    All the fancy restaurants around here usually only have the super late reservations available in near dates. Sooooo we have to wait 3 months to get into a place because I'm not eating dinner at 9/10 pm. That's not good for ANYBODY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG YAY for the interview!!! And isn't it amazing when people you thought must have forgotten about you are still so nice and supportive?! GAH. I soak up unexpected support like nobody's business, hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, it be like that sometimes is my default response these days. YAY for the job interviews and the career advising support! I'm impressed with that!! Hoping for good news and that Tuesday goes well! YOU'VE GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete