Friday, October 5, 2018

The First Week In October

Why is it that short weeks always feel the longest?  It doesn't matter if the extra day off falls on a Friday or a Monday, they just feel extra long.  Technically I am at work today but there are no students so that's a short week in my book.  Linking up with Amanda!

After breaking up with The Boyfriend & having a total me day over the weekend, I felt refreshed & happy Monday!  I was dreading having to go to a booster club meeting that night but I got a text from the head coach around 2 saying that she'd be going to it so that I wouldn't have to.  Day made!  On my way home from work I realized that I had 4 free rewards on my Chick-fil-A app.  I had planned on being super extra about it & sitting in the curbside to go individually ordering each item (because you can't put more than 1 reward on a mobile order) however after having to wait for the chicken sandwich I decided it wasn't worth my time & just left.  I'm glad because I was so full after the sandwich that there is no way I could have eaten the fries & a cookie as well.


Tuesday was Caleb's birthday so a group of us went to Brind for dinner, helping me to complete one of my fall goals.  We initially got 4 appetizers to share between the 6 of us as well as some drinks.  The appetizers were SO good!  We got calamari, corn & beef dip, buffalo chicken flatbread, & a charcuterie and cheese board.  All of it was top notch!  My drink, a KT Mule, was good as well.  We decided to order entrees as well & they were a total let down!  Mine was not only cold but not completely correct, Caleb's was cold, & everyone's was less than mediocre.  The waitress, she was also awful.  It was fairly dead because it was a Tuesday but she was never around & seemed so put out by everything, such as having to get to go boxes or the food heated up.


The now Ex-Boyfriend has turned into a state five clinger, further proving to me why I ended it.  Despite me ending it, & him telling me he'd give me space, he text me twice on Sunday after I ended it, got all up on my Instagram on Monday even though he had never followed me, & then text me a couple of times on Tuesday.  Keep in mind I didn't respond to any of this except for one of the texts on Tuesday telling him he was not giving me any space whatsoever.

Wednesday was Mean Girls Day which obviously means I wore pink... because "on Wednesdays we wear pink!"


I'm also a super extra history teacher so I had to reference it on my "On This Day In History" board...


When I got home from work, I ate my last pork chop meal from Home Chef & made the final meal that I had received, pretzel crusted chicken & broccoli.


Thursday. Was. A. Shit show.  It was a day from hell.  

-I woke up to a novel of an email from a parent essentially calling me a shitty teacher, even though her daughter has an A.  

-On the way to work I called to complain to my mom about said email & then found out that my grandma is getting worse.  

-While at work I got my period for the first time in months, because I took myself off birth control, which also meant that my cramps were INSANE!.  

-That afternoon an ex boyfriend of mine requested to be my friend on Facebook.   Mr. Midwest anyone??  For those of you that weren't around then, or have forgotten, I dated Mr. Midwest from Sep 2015-June 2016, we had even talked about moving in together.  I haven't seen him since Aug 2016 & haven't spoken to him since Aug/Sep 2017.  I eventually accepted because I & all of my friends are curious people.  It. Was. Pointless.  He's a mess.  He moved back to St. Louis & is having a baby with a girl.  Apparently he had been thinking about me & then basically wanted to tell me about this baby, & how I had been such an important part of his life & meant a lot to him, & if I was ever in St. Louis to let him know because he wants me to meet his baby... Da fuq?  I let him have it & then deleted him.  I will not be a part of ruining that relationship... he can do it all on his own.

-I went to the beginning of the football game for teacher appreciation night & there I learned from my AP, who loves me by the way because I'm not a shitty teacher, told me that the parent had responded to my response, which was super polite, basically saying she wanted to set up a meeting with me & the principal & taking the email I sent trying to make me further look like a shitty teacher.  I talked to one of my teacher/coach friends who has the student on their team... apparently the parent does this to everyone.  That makes me feel a bit better actually.

So that this doesn't end on a negative note.  Some bright spots from the day: free chili, one of my students got a tennis ball for Nash, my kids acted out The Silk Road in class & got super into it (because I'm not a shitty teacher...), & it was the last day with students until Tuesday!


And now for some Friday funnies to send you into the weekend:







5 comments:

  1. You are a great teacher!! And cute as can be! Man, those apps look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "Extraness" on October 3rd :) Sorry to hear that the ex is so clingy hopefully he gets the hint soon! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha oh girl you aren't a shitty teacher. Shitty teachers wouldn't have even responded to the email and would be screwing their high school students. Mic drop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm cracking up at so many of these memes... especially the one about exboyfriends and your current events. Good for you on deleting Mr. Midwest the Hot Mess... ugh that's THE. WORST. (I don't think you are a shitty teacher either... and I know a lot of shitty teachers. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a strange week you've had! I think you definitely made the right decision by not continuing to talk to these exes! I hope your weekend was better at least!

    ReplyDelete