Monday, August 27, 2018

The Last One In August

Here we are again folks, it's Monday.  I sort of did a little disappearing act last week mostly unintentional  I managed to recap my weekend last Monday & then fell of the face of the Earth once the first week of school started.  Hopefully now though I can get my mojo back.  It won't be 5 times a week but I'm aiming for 2-3.  Baby steps.  Linking up with Biana!

Friday
Absolutely no pictures were taken.  Absolutely nothing was done.  I had been invited to do a happy hour at my friends' place but all I really wanted to do was go home & relax after the week I had had.  As per Steph's recommendation I started watching Insatiable on Netflix.  And that my friends was the extend of my wild Friday night.  Netflix & Nash.

Saturday
After having lived in the DFW area for 3 years, I FINALLY made a reservation for Restaurant Week at Savor in Dallas.  Life however had other plans as I woke up with the flu.  Or at least something flu like.  Seeing as I couldn't even keep things as simple as tea and peaches down, there was no way I was going to be able to drive to Dallas and then keep fancy food down.  So instead I sent my friends' the info for our reservation & they sent me pictures of the food.  I spent most of the day napping with Nash by my side & had to have someone from Wag walk Nash & someone from Instacart deliver me enough "sick" food to get me through the day.  Full disclosure if you follow that Instacart link & sign up we each get $10 towards delivery.  Also if you sign up for Wag with my code: BRIANNE02763 we each get a free walk.  After I was able to keep some crackers down & nap a bit more I was feeling better enough to do my grocery shopping for the week.


For one of my meals this week I made Three Cheese Penne.  Each serving only has 303 calories.  However, that's 4 servings pictured up there just so we're clear.  I spent the rest of my night watching more Insatiable.

Sunday
The lazy weekend continued!  I finished Insatiable & here is my take on it.  It started out boring, the story line got good, & then it just got beyond weird & extra.  I prepped my breakfast for the week, scrambled eggs with veggies and sausage.  Rather than do lesson planning for the week like I should have, I instead watched a bunch of cheesy movies on Netflix.  Not going to lie it made me want to be back in Minnesota & watching Hallmark movies with my mama.  I finished up my weekly meal prep while starting Heartland on Netflix by making Pepperoni Pizza Peppers.  And of course a picture of Nash-o because National Dog Day!

Next weekend my friend will be in town & I have a 4 day weekend so I am pumped!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well but hope that this next one is more fun for you! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netflix and Nash sounds like a perfect Friday for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazy weekends are good and this week will be better!! Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be so hard to manage everything with so much on your plate. I feel like I always resort back to the baby steps approach with blogging. A lazy weekend can be a good thing. Hope your week is off to a good start! Sierra Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, sorry you didn't feel well this weekend! Hope you are feeling better today!
    xo,
    Darcy
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright, what is this Insatiable I keep seeing around? I need to check this out. I hope you're feeling better. Being sick when it's hot is the absolute worst!

    ReplyDelete