Friday, July 6, 2018

Back In Texas

Confession: I don't know what day it is, like ever.  Even as I was typing this up yesterday, deep down knowing today would be Friday, hence the post, I spent most of the day thinking it was the weekend.  Cheers to the weekend to all of you now!  Linking up with Miss Amanda!

1. From the blog
Monday: I recapped my final weekend in Minnesota & shared my vacation preferences

Tuesday: I shared how my summer goals are going

Wednesday: I told you what I'm currently up to in July

Thursday: I explained why I want out of the city & for my future kids to grow up in the country 

2. From the phone





3. What I was up to
Monday: I left my parents' house around 7:30 in the morning to make the first part of my journey back to Texas.  Nash-o & I drove the 10 hours to Wichita, Kansas.  Along the way we stopped at my favorite spot of the entire drive, the Flint Hills in Kansas.  If I could live there, I would, in heartbeat.  The drive was mostly uneventful, minus some jackass who got all road ragey at me... I may have given him the middle finger back... When I crossed into Iowa there was also some confusion because my phone AND my Fitbit both said it was 11:30 while my car said it was 10:30.  I tried calling my mom, nothing.  Luckily my dad answered because I spent a few minutes feeling SO weird not knowing which time was right & what time it really was...  Once at the hotel we got some pizza, me the good part & Nash some of the crust, & fell asleep watching We Are Marshall because I'm a sucker for based on a true story sports movies.

Tuesday: We stayed in at the hotel than we normally would but I really wanted the free breakfast at 6.  So instead of just hopping out of bed at 5, getting ready, going potty, & leaving.  I took Nash out, got the car packed up, & then just laid around until 6.  I took my time eating breakfast & by the time we left it was nearly 7.  We also took the scenic route home so I wouldn't have to get back on it & off it again.  It only added maybe 20-30 minutes & it was really nice driving through middle of nowhere, small town Kansas as opposed to the same old same old.  We got home around 1 & did NOTHING!  Well I almost cried.  It was so damn hot out & I was so tired from having been on the road for 2 days that when I couldn't find my boot jack I thought I was going to have to live in my boots & jeans forever in the heat...  I found it, we lived.

Wednesday: I met up with a couple of friends for some drinks at noon.  Correction, I met up with A friend for drinks at noon.  The other one was supposed to meet us at 1 but got there around 1:30-1:45.  My one friend left at 3, which is when I was supposed to leave by, but I wound up staying until about 3:30.  I made it home by 4, which is when they shut my street down for the festival & fireworks that go on at the park behind my house to deter people from parking where they shouldn't.  I was curious how Nash would do with the fireworks.  I had him last year on the 4th of July & we got back to my apartment just as they were starting around 10 pm.  He was 3 months old & he handled it like a champ.  He has however gotten more anxious & protective lately.  He did NOT handle it fine. He was fast asleep when they went off & instantly he was throwing a fit.  So I got him his treat bottle & we sat in my bathroom, with the door shut, & the tub running to drown out the noise...  Then all was well until some jackasses started doing their own fireworks again around 11...

Thursday: Nothing.  Because having been on the road for 2 days, spending most of the 2.5 weeks I was in Minnesota either traveling to Canada or trying to see as many people as possible, and spending 4 days road tripping back to Minnesota with my brother, I wanted to just sit still doing very little & spending very little money... I watched The Waterboy, Friday Night Lights, & random comedy on Netflix.  I mean plus it's hot as balls out...

4. Random thoughts & things
-Starting next week Nash will be taking "Relaxed Rover" classes, or as I am calling them, "Stop Being An Asshole" classes.  Nash never did puppy classes or anything when I got him because I was so busy with volleyball, then volleyball & school, & then softball & school.  Now we have time & his barking/anxiousness have gotten out of control.  Fingers crossed!

-Driving through middle of Kansas on our little no toll road detour made me realize 2 things:

-I NEED out of the city.  I've been saying that forever but this next year I'm going to try to make it happen whatever that may mean

-I want to make a coffee table book or books.  That used to be something I wanted to do so badly, & then I just stopped thinking about it because life.  I WANT to do it.  I'm GOING to do it.  Even if they just wind up being for me.

5. Entertainment







7 comments:

  1. You can come work with us at Seagoville!!! Seriously. It's theeeeee.most.entertaining place. We had a kid who wouldn't take a summer scholarship from UTD because there was no one to feed the goats at home during the summer. I spent a whole day trying to find another kid to feed said goats, but no dice. lol. There's also a woodshop and my college advisor has been building her own table with inlaid design with the instructor... I MEAN WHERE ELSE CAN THAT HAPPEN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun road trip! Love your phone pics :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserved a rest after that trip honestly. Those funnies are hilarious especially the 2000's R&B one - so me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All American Nash Boy! Love it and Welcome back to Texas sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the what's on my phone picture. So pretty. Welcome back to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some beautiful pictures this week!! "Homie-hoe-stasis" pretty much killed me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you feel about getting out of the city is the same way my bf feels. How do you handle everything not being close by?

    ReplyDelete