Monday, July 2, 2018

So Long Minnesota

Holy goodness it's July!  My time in Minnesota has come to an end.  Today I am starting my journey back to Texas with a stop somewhere in Kansas.  I'm sad to be leaving my family & Minnesota friends but am also ready to start getting back into my own routine.

Linking up with Andrea for some TBB Asks: Vacation Edition & Biana for some Weekending!

1. Will you go on a summer vacation this year? I mean technically I'm on vacation all summer ha.  But I took a road trip from Texas to Minnesota with stops in Nashville & Chicago with my brother & a few days later I went on an overnight trip to Canada with my cousin.  I don't have plans to go anywhere else before the school year starts again though.

2. Do nothing but relax or pack it all in vacation? I suppose it would depend on how long we were talking but pack it all in vacation.  I am not good at sitting still and I want to see and do all the things when I'm somewhere new.

3. What month do you like to vacation? I don't really have an option on this one.  I get pretty much all of June & July off so that's when I get to go on vacation.  Teacher perk: you get long breaks.  Teacher con: when you can go on trips/vacations is dictated because you don't really get a ton of days to take throughout the school year.  If I had the choice though, it wouldn't matter to me.  I would travel all year long if I could.

4. Cruise: YES or NO? I've never been on one but I would really like to go.  I was invited on one for this coming January but I can't go because, well see above.

5. Favorite vacation tradition? I don't know that I have a vacation tradition.  I rarely go to the same places & not even with the same people all the time.

6. Most memorable vacation? Black Hills, South Dakota 1998.

7. Pack light or Pack it all? All the things!

8. Hotel, Condo, or House? I used to say hotel but I really love AirBNB

9. Favorite thing(s) to eat on vacation? Whatever is local!

10. Warm or Cold Destinations? Warm.  Screw the cold!

Friday
Friday was my mama's birthday.  We went to get pedicures, lunch, & then to visit my grandma.  Other than that it was the beginning of a super low key do nothing weekend.

Saturday
Nash continued being super cuddly & pretty much laid on me all day long.  My dad was home from work so we hung out during the day while my brother helped a friend move & my mom went to an anniversary party for some neighbors she had growing up.  My brother made his own version of hot chicken for supper & my mama made some potato salad.  Eating awesome meals is definitely something that I miss about being at home when I'm back in Texas.

After not hearing from Pickles since Monday, even with a text & a phone call from me during the week, I sent him one last message Saturday morning basically saying that I was feeling confused, & while that was okay, I was going to take my space from him because I didn't want to get closer to someone who didn't know what they wanted.  I then deleted him from Snapchat as well.

Sunday
Speaking of awesome meals... my brother made lobster ravioli for supper on Sunday & holy moly it was amazing.  It rained most of the day so most of the day was again spent with Nash curled up on my lap.  I'm kind of hoping he's back into being a cuddle bug once we get back to Texas too.

I never did hear from Pickles, & even though he knows I'll be back tomorrow, I don't think I will, and that's okay.  I'm going back to Texas pretty much with a clean slate & starting a new chapter.  Even though I'll still be working in the same district, my coaching duties are changing, there is no more Pickles & I've already put myself back into the dating game, & even though my lease goes through next March or April I already know that I intend to move which means budgeting & planning for a move.  Then there's also that whole entering a new decade in a few months... I'm excited!

Happy Monday everyone!  I'll try to catch up on blogs when I get to my hotel tonight!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun way to spend your mom's birthday - pampering sessions!! Good luck with the drive back! xo, Biana- BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pampering sessions on your Mom's birthday sound fantastic!! Safe Travels driving back home. Sorry to hear about Pickles. You have the best attitude about it. New Chapter indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated to your mom! Exciting and sweet new times ahead for you love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pedi colour is adorable!! Hope you have pans for the rest of the summer break. ill be honest, Id teach just for the vacay ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo where do you think you'll be moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, hugs today as you leave your family and friends. That's a bittersweet thing because you have to say good-bye but it is nice to get back home too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that toe polish! Mine are blue right now as well. Lobster ravioli sounds amazing! I should try my hand at making that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to LOL at the screw the cold comment when you were raised in Minnesota, but that's also probably why. (Of course, I say that too... and I was raised in Texas... so who actually knows.) Stupid Pickles. I wish I could kick him in the shins for being stupid. But I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete