Monday, March 12, 2018

She's A Wildflower

Happy Monday y'all!  Today is the first official day of spring break for me.  I am so happy that it's finally here.  I have visitors all week so I know it'll fly by.  Summer vacation is only about 2.5 months away though so the end is in sight.  For those of you that aren't teachers, I hope that Monday treats you well!  Linking up with Biana!

Friday
Friday took forever.  Isn't that how all days right before a long break go?  We were on a pep rally schedule so we did nothing but watch videos all day.  I watched some Planet Earth 2 with one of my freshmen classes, a dinosaur video with another freshmen class, & Undercover Boss seniors.

That night we had a softball game against another high school in our district.  We lost.  The fact that we lost didn't surprise me.  The fact that we lost didn't even really upset me because I knew it was going to happen.  What upset me was how little losing seems to bother the girls.  I was so frustrated with how happy go lucky they are after being run ruled 3 games in a row that I wanted to cry right there on the field.  Instead I went home, finished my Wingstop from the night before, & went to bed.

Saturday
Saturday was a good day.  Despite the fact that it didn't turn out exactly like I had thought it would, it was still a really good day.  First of all, it was a GREAT mail day.  I had recently won a giveaway from Junk Gypsy on Instagram & the mug that I won came in the mail.

I also got 2 orders from Function of Beauty.  One is mine, one is not.  The other one got accidentally sent to me... it has my name & address on the box, but it's not my order in the box.  It was supposed to go to some girl named Holly...  I'm giving them a call today to see what they want me to do about it but my guess is that until some girl named Holly calls saying she never got her box, they aren't even going to know who in the world Holly is.

Nash also go mail!  He got a gift box from Wag since we had booked 5 walks with them.  However the last Wag walker he had pretty much called him an asshole so...

Not pictured is the new computer charger and my puppy/security camera I had ordered from Amazon.

I finally got to try Melted & I loved it!  It was such a nice day out & so I sat at the bar near the open patio.  I ordered The Beach which is "marinated chicken breast, thick cut bacon, avocado, pickled red onion, jalapenos, cheddar and cream cheese"  I also got a Cedars Soda which was Topo Chico with cucumber vodka in it.  I could have picked any of their flavored vodkas or tequila.  I went with cucumber vodka because it sounded like it'd be extra refreshing, it was.

Remember when I annoyed my Instagram followers for two straight months with tattoo giveaway posts from Gentlemen Tattooers?  Remember when I then won that tattoo in January?  Well I finally got it & here it is!!

Sunday
Because I'll have guests all week, & because it's been long overdue, I spent the first part of Sunday cleaning.  I finally picked up my closet & got it organized.  I finally got the cabinet in my bathroom more organized, & the rest of it cleaned.  I vacuumed up enough dog hair to make another dog, even though I vacuumed not that long ago.  All of my cleaning wore Nash out so he napped.  While I cleaned all day I listened to The Girl on The Train on Audible.  It had been a gorgeous day on Saturday, sunny and in the 70s/80s.  Sunday was significantly cooler, overcast and in the 60s, so it was the perfect day to clean, blog, & listen to a book.  I was extremely grateful because I still had the wrap on my tattoo which made wearing anything but basketball shorts difficult and slightly painful.

7 comments:

  1. I love your new tattoo! Have a fun start to your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy spring breaking! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh hope you have the best spring break! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, a pup security camera sounds amazing and hilarious. And your tattoo looks FANTASTIC, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't trust people who think dogs are assholes. LOL Your tatoo turned out great!! Glad to see that the IG was worth it!! ;) Hope your spring break is going swimmingly. I'm not excited that it's already Thursday. I feel like DST cheated me out of some time. lol

    ReplyDelete