Friday, March 9, 2018

Friday Five #7

It's finally here!  It's the last Friday before Spring Break!  Of course it's almost a game day so my spring break doesn't start until like 8:30-9:30 tonight depending on how well both teams play tonight.  But who cares?!  It's basically spring break!  Today is also just a video day for my students so today is a super chill day.  In honor of spring break, here are 5 things I'm looking forward to next week:

1. Orange Theory
I have a few friends that go to Orange Theory and they love it.  One of these said friends is my friend Emily.  Since she'll be in town visiting Monday & Tuesday she asked if I wanted to use my free class & go with her.  There's one not that far from me so we'll see how that goes.  Maybe once softball ends I'll join for real!

2. Stockyards
Let's be honest, by this I mean steak salad from Star Cafe.  When Emily & I first met/started working together the Stockyards was our thing.  Then sports happened, we stopped working in the same district, & then she moved away from DFW.  Since she'll be back for a couple of days we're going to relive the old glory days of the Stockyards!

3. Nash & Dolly play time
Emily is bringing her dog Dolly with her so Nash will have a live in playmate for a couple of days.  Nash & Dolly haven't seen each other since I first got Nash last June & he stayed with them for a couple of days while I was in Minnesota.

4. Magnolia Silos
My parents will also be visiting me over spring break.  Emily leaves Wednesday morning & my parents show up Wednesday night.  My parents & I tried to go to the Silos one other year when they visited but we went on a Saturday & the line was SO SO long.  So this year we're going on a Thursday.  Hopefully even though it's spring break the line won't be as long since it's a week day.  Apparently the day we're going is the first day of Spring at the Silos so we'll see about those line lengths ha.

5. All the BBQ
Ever since I moved to Texas back in 2012, & my parents first started visiting in 2013, we eat all the BBQ while they're here because BBQ is awesome & it's best in Texas.  I don't know how many we'll hit up but these are the options I'm giving them so that I can cross them off my own "to eat" list.
Cattleack Barbeque
Lockhart Smokehouse
Heim Barbecue

There are a few more that are in the DFW area that I could potentially add to the list.  They are only here for 4 nights though and I'm thinking that even though we used to eat there every single time when I lived in Houston, that the first night we'll eat at Spring Creek Barbeque because there's one not far from my apartment & we haven't been there since I left Houston in 2015.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous..Spring at the Silos, can I come down and go what you guys? And I'll go for BBQ too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear what you think of OrangeTheory! I started last summer and it's still a favorite!

    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you guys are able to make it to the silos!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo jealous of your trip to the Silos. I soooo want to go there. I also want to try Orange Theory. I heard it is a killer workout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard the food was fantastic at the Silos. I hope the lines aren't too bad and that you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stockyards! My husband works near there but we haven't been in awhile. Always fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY SPRING BREAK!! Yesterday was a doozy!!! I'm kind of jealous of all your BBQ plans. Last night all I wanted to do was drive to Austin for BBQ. Maybe I'll drive to Fort Worth today, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh can't wait to hear about Spring at the Silos! And yay for Orange Theory! It'll kick your butt, but I promise you'll love it <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring Creek Barbecue has the BEST rolls - yummmm

    ReplyDelete