Monday, February 5, 2018

When One Season Ends, Another Begins

This was the weekend of sports!  Softball and hockey and football oh my!  Before I get into my competition watching, and coaching, filled weekend, I'll be sharing all things love related for this month's The Blended Blog Asks.  Linking up with Biana for some weekending & Andrea for some TBB Asks.


1. Kisses or Hugs? Unless of course we're talking about the candy in which case kisses because I hate white chocolate.

2. Candy or Flowers? It probably should be flowers lol but I pretty much always have a candy drawer at work.  Plus, food.

3. Baking or Cooking? I like to do both but I almost never bake & I cook all the time.

4. Do you remember your first kiss?  Yes.  It was Thanksgiving 2004.  I went over to a boy's house that I liked after all of the family stuff from that day, we watched Walking Tall (the one with The Rock) & out of nowhere he kissed me.  It wasn't good.

5. Favorite color of Roses? I'm not a huge roses fan.  But the basic red ones are pretty.

6. Conversation Hearts, yes or no? I loved reading them as a kid but they are not good.

7. Do you leave love notes? Yes.  I love all of that sappy, romantic, just because stuff.

8. Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day? No, but I also don't really decorate my apartment for anything.  And by that I mean I don't.  Maybe when I have a house or a bigger place.  I have moved so often that I don't really have all of the decor stuff because moving around sucks.  Plus, I don't really have storage to keep it.

9. Red or Pink? I'm not really a pink girl, I say as my nails are hot pink & I have pink flowers on my counter.

10. Milk, White or Dark Chocolate? Anything but white chocolate.

11.  Do you believe in love at first sight? No

12. Do you give Humorous or Serious Valentine Cards? I've done both.

13. Favorite Chick Flick or Romantic Movie? I don't really know the last time I watched a chick flick.  I do love them though.  My gut reaction is Sweet Home Alabama.

14. Stay In or Go Out? Both.  I almost just said stay in because during the week good luck getting me out.  And there are weekends that I don't want to do anything.  But I do also really love getting to try new places & go do things with my friends.  If we're specifically talking for Valentine's Day... Stay In

And now on with the weekend!


Friday

Nash had his first Rover walk on Friday.  If you remember, he had his first Wag walk on Monday so stay tuned for a comparison of the two.  I don't know why I didn't do this for him during volleyball season.  If I can't be around as much now that softball has started I'm glad that I can still make sure that he's getting out.  Plus, I get pictures of my dog during the day...


We had our first scrimmage Friday evening.  Thankfully it was just a scrimmage which means a)it was only one 5'o'clock game instead of a game at 5 & 7 and then b)the outcome didn't count.  All things considered (we were missing 4 varsity girls, most of the JV girls have never played softball at all before 2 weeks ago, & it was the first game) we really didn't do all that bad.  We lost but it definitely could have been worse!

Saturday

My friend Katherine came into town around noon and we hit up Magnolia Motor Lounge for lunch.  The last time I had been there had been months & months ago with her before she moved back out to the panhandle.  Even though I got the same one, my burger was better last time.  It was still good just not the quality I remember from last time.  The fries & ranch were on point though.  After the burgers we went down to the White Elephant Saloon in the Stockyards for a couple of drinks before heading back to my place to get ready for the Wild/Stars game.


We took the train downtown since I don't live that far from a station & then we wouldn't have to deal with parking or the traffic.  It was retro night so hot dogs & sodas were 1993 prices.  1993 is the year we (Minnesota) officially lost the North Stars to Dallas.  So in honor of the Stars being in Dallas for 25 years they threw it back.  They even had 90s commercials on the screen which was kind of the best.  The first period was SO boring.  Nothing happened.  Not a goal, not a penalty, not a fight.  Nothing.  The second period is where it all fell apart.  Minnesota wound up losing 6-1.  We had originally planned to go out afterwards but we were both so exhausted that we took the train back to my place & went to bed.

Sunday

That morning we got some coffee & bagels before she hit the road & then Nash & I didn't do a whole lot most of the day.  I went to the store to get a couple more things that I needed for the party that night but mostly we watched Netflix.  I finished New Girl (well what's on Netflix) & started Longmire.  I also took an hour long nap which was heaven.

Around 3:30ish I left for Helen & Caleb's.  We had Super Bowl bingo, drinks, & tons of food.  Steph had talked about bacon wrapped tater tot bombs on her blog & they looked so good that I had to make them.  I also made pickle dip & what was supposed to be Chuy's creamy jalapeno ranch but it was not.  I had to doctor it up to even get it to taste good & even then it still didn't taste like Chuy's.

I know in all reality it was a good game but I so badly did not want either team to win that I did not care at all.  Since someone had to win I was really hoping it would be the Patriots just because I wanted the Eagles to lose that badly.  However, that was clearly not the case.  I won $50 on the game though by playing squares so I guess whatever.  I also thought both the National Anthem & halftime show were mediocre.  #SorryNotSorry

I hope that y'all had a fabulous weekend & have a great Monday!

10 comments:

  1. Yep, same here, just mediocre but I did hear Pink had the flu. It was a great football game. "LOVED" reading your answers, I always forget about Sweet Home Alabama but so good! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hear that she had recently been sick. And as far as JT, a friend of mine who has actually been to the stadium said that the acoustics in there aren't great to begin with. I feel like someone recently mentioned Sweet Home Alabama either in their blog or on Twitter & that's probably why it popped into my head.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a busy weekend. I hate white chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the complete opposite and prefer white chocolate LOL! Way to go on winning squares - I didn't even with that! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love white chocolate! It's my favorite. Although, I do like Reese Peanut Butter cups. Congrats on winning, that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you just call Justin Timberlake mediocre??? I am not sure if we can be friends anymore. Just kidding. Sort of ;) The commercials were lame and I missed the national anthem so I cant comment to it. I love Sweet Home Alabama!! Your burger and fries look yummy. I hate when something isn't as good as I remember though. I always question if maybe I was just really hungry when I went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought those conversation hearts tasted like chalk. If I hadn't been so baconed out lately I definitely would have made those tots Steph recommended. Aw man, why you gotta hate on the Eagles??! I don't like the Patriots but I hate Tom Brady. I thought Pink did really well considering she had the flu and no voice like the day before. But I agree with the JT halftime show. I thought it sounded wonky for the first half because there was just too much going on, and I was annoyed that he disrespected Prince's wishes to never be made into a hologram. I thought the game itself was great though- it was so close! It can be so boring when it's a blowout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was totally waiting/hoping the other guys from N'Sync would make a surprise appearance during the half time show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so fun that you got to go to retro night between the Wild and Stars! I can't believe the Stars have been Dallas for 25 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I considered the half time show JT giving me a special birthday show, so that helped. The beginning was a overly busy, but those weren't the "good" songs anyway.

    I missed the national anthem, sadly.

    ReplyDelete