Thursday, January 18, 2018

Three On Thursday

It's been a hot minute since I last did Three On Thursday.  It was November actually.  Apparently at the time of that post it had been 3 months before that since I had done the previous one.  Clearly I don't do this often.  I was actually planning on doing one last week on 3 books I got for Christmas but then I didn't get anything ready & so I just didn't post at all.  I haven't started reading the books anyway so it's not like I can really recommend them.

Today however I'm bringing you three Whole30 approved crockpot recipes I have made & enjoyed.

1. Salsa Verde Shredded Pork

Ingredients
2 lb boneless pork roast
16 oz jar salsa verde
1 small yellow onion diced
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
Put all ingredients in the crock pot & cook on low for 6-8 hours

2. Banana Pepper Shredded Beef

Ingredients
2 lb beef chuck shoulder roast
4 banana peppers
1 medium yellow onion
1 cup beef broth

Directions
Slice onion & peppers
Put all ingredients in the crock pot & cook on low for 6-8 hours

3. Italian Lemon Chicken

Ingredients
2 lb boneless skinless chicken
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika

Directions
Put all ingredients in the crock pot & cook on low for 4-6 hours

**All of these recipes can be prepped ahead of time.  Simply put all of the ingredients in a gallon size freezer bag & place in the freezer.  Thaw them the night before you want to put them in the crock pot & then just dump the bag in, turn the crock pot on low, & go.**

**Each of these recipes also makes 6 servings**

10 comments:

  1. Dump it in and go- that's my type of cooking! Definitely going to try that Italian Lemon Chicken one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at crockpot!! these sound delicious and i can't wait to try them! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! The lemon chicken sounds delicious and even better it's a slow cooker recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound AMAZING! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This chicken sounds really good I've been eating a lot of chicken this year, so I'll need to add this to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these all sound so good. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete