Monday, January 22, 2018

San Antone, San Antone

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope that y'all had a great weekend.  I personally wish that the weekend could have lasted forever because work currently has me so stressed out, & has for a couple of weeks now, that I pretty much dread going back.  I still love most of my job, but there are a couple of aspects that if they just went away, I'd be over the moon.  Moving on...

Friday

Friday was day #1 of tryouts for softball.  The season is officially in full swing.  No more are the days of leaving at 4.  I will now be at softball until at least 5:30-6 every night & even later on game days until the end of April.  After the last girl got picked up I met up with my friends so we could go to Tricky Fish for happy hour.  I had been wanting to try this place for a long time.  I was disappointed.  The garnishes on the bloody mary were unique & not bad (okra, pork rind, olive, shrimp) but the bloody was meh.  For appetizers we got calamari & pork rinds.  They were both good but not good enough that I'd go back just for those.  The entrees were severely lacking.  I got the fried platter & chose oysters & shrimp.  There were 4 very tiny oysters & 4 tiny shrimp.  Definitely not worth the price tag.  At least our server was nice & we still had a fun time...

Saturday

Saturday morning Nash & I were up at 6.  We just laid around the house most of the morning until I had to bring him to Posh Paw Resort.  He loves that place!  I dropped him off & he didn't even bother to say goodbye!  Ha.  I then went home & actually managed to get stuff done (laundry put away, vacuumed, built a night stand.)  Around noon I went & picked Trey up so we could head to San Antonio to meet up with others for Raeann's birthday.  We went to Augie's Alamo City for BBQ, & The Rock Box to see 10 Years.  The rest of the night we basically wandered around the Riverwalk & San Antonio trying to find other bars & places to eat.  By the time we went to bed at 3:30 in the morning I was exhausted!

Sunday

Sunday was a loooong day.  I was tired the second I woke up.  Trey & I left around 10 or 11 to head back to Dallas.  I of course stopped at Stiles Switch BBQ in Austin so I could get some food to go.  This time instead of getting a brisket plate to go I just got a pint of potato salad.  I LOVE that potato salad.  It was overcast & rainy most of the drive which did not help with my exhaustion.  When we finally got back to Dallas I dropped him off, picked up Nash, went to the grocery store, put some chicken in the crockpot, & then did nothing.  I laid around the rest of the night.  

I watched most of the Vikings game but that was heartbreaking.  My exhaustion mostly led me to be pissed off about the whole game.  We briefly started off so strong... and then the 2nd quarter happened.  At half time I turned off the TV because I was so mad & then went to take a bubble bath.  Of course I brought my laptop with me so I could turn the game back on because at that time there was maybe still a chance... when the Eagles scored their last touchdown I slammed my computer shut & went to bed...

I really could have used another day off today...  
Clearly as I'm writing & posting this at 11:30 am...

5 comments:

  1. I was so sad for The Vikings! Oh how I wanted them to be on their home turf for the SB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That game went from heartbreaking to maddening real quick.

      Delete
  2. I hate when a place that I look forward to trying ends up being disappointed. Nash is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 Years!
    We ate out for most of the weekend. All I wanted was Mexican. Instead, we had pizza 2x. Teh German better do something awesome by my birthday to make it up to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that was a quick trip to San Antonio. It sounds like it was a good one... I'm still craving the BBQ I got in Austin last month.... so definitely not judging your potato salad, lol.

    ReplyDelete