Monday, January 8, 2018

The First One In January

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope that you had a fabulous weekend!  Being back at work last week was rough, even if it was only 3 days, so the weekend was much needed.  I planned on staying home & getting SO MUCH DONE.  I did not & I did not.  Linking up with Andrea for TBB Asks & with Biana for Weekending.

1. Resolutions or No Resolutions?
No resolutions.  Like I said in a previous post, I have enough other goal lists to focus on throughout the year that adding even more goals (resolutions) would just be overwhelming.

2. Love snow or No Snow?
In moderation?  I am so glad I don't have to really deal with it anymore now that I live in Texas but I do like that I get to see just a little bit of it when I go back to Minnesota in November/December.


3. Name a New Place you want to go this year?
I really want to go to Boston.  I will never turn down anything new though.

4. Would you rather have a new Hair cut or Hair color?
Hair color.  My natural color is so dull. Plus, gotta cover those grays that are starting to come in.

5. Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year?
Get my finances in check

6. Least Favorite thing about January?
The weather

7. Most Favorite thing about January?
The new motivation for a fresh start

8. When do you take down your Holiday decorations?
I don't really put them up.  As in I don't put them up.  I'm only at my apartment for the first 2 weeks of December & then I go back to Minnesota for the last 2 so it has always seemed pretty pointless.

9. Do you diet in January?
Not anymore than I randomly do the rest of the year.  I also wouldn't really call it dieting.  I just try to make healthier meals for lunches & suppers.

10. What area of your home do you want to organize the most?
My closet!  Holy mother of pearl is it a hot mess.  I need to go through it, again.  I need to figure out a shoe situation.  I need to do something with all of my school t-shirts because they're taking over my closet & hangers.

11. Favorite Winter Comfort Food?
Mashed potatoes & gravy

12. Favorite Guilty Pleasure
"Pickle wraps" was the first thing that popped into my head.

Friday
This pretty much sums up my Friday actually.  

When I got home from work Nash & I went on a walk and then we settled in for the night.  This was Nash just being done with fetch.  We were playing & then all of a sudden he took the ball off my lap, set it down on the floor away from me, & then laid down.

Real healthy supper I know.  But that was in fact my supper Friday night.  While Nash slept I watched more Hawaii Five-0 & played a round of HQ Trivia.  If you aren't already playing, use my referral code: briannemcc so I can get extra lives!  If you don't know what it is, it's a free app (for iPhone & Android) where once or twice a day they have a live 12 question trivia game.  If you get one wrong, you're out.  Unless you have extra lives.  If you make it to the end, you & whoever is left split the jackpot.  It's usually $2000 but on Sunday nights it's $10000.  The questions get progressively harder & you only have 10 seconds to answer.  I think 5 questions in is the farthest I've gotten so far.

Saturday
On Saturday I thought I'd be going to the Post Office, building a shelf, lesson planning through at least the 19th, etc.  Nope.  I did manage to meal plan, go to the grocery store, and take Nash to the dog park.


Nash pretty much had the best day on Saturday.  He got to spend a couple of hours at the dog park playing with friends & then when I got back from the grocery store he got a new bone.

That is where productivity pretty much ended though.  Other than those few things, I watched Netflix from about noon until 3.  My friend & I shenaniganed around Dallas-Fort Worth again mostly watching the playoff games.  We started at Buffalo Bros for food, beer, & the first part of the Chiefs/Titans game.  We then moved on to HopFusion where we watched the rest of it.


After the end of the game, we decided to change up our random & went to Petland to play with some puppies.  If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you've probably already seen the puppies I played with.  The chance of me becoming a crazy dog later in the future is 100% real people.  I wanted to take both of these babies home so badly.  However, a)I do not have time for another puppy right now & b)I'm not the type of person to spend $1000 on a pet or but one from a pet store.  The little one on the left is a Pomsky & they wanted $5300 for him!  I don't know how much the baby Husky was but it didn't really matter.  Nash probably does need a baby brother though...

After the puppies we stopped at Steel City Pops & what I assumed would be the last stop of the night, pending maybe street corn from Fuel City.  But all of a sudden we're doing a u-turn & wind up at Bluffview Growlers, which neither of us had been to before, for beer & part of the Falcons/Rams game.  

After that place it was homeward bound.  Mostly because I'm old.  How do I know I'm old?  Well at about 9:30 when my friend asked what was next I said "nothing else is going to be open" not realizing a)that it was only 9:30 & b)it was a Saturday.  Home was still the next stop so that Nash could get his supper & I could go to bed.

Sunday
Sunday was actually my most productive day but no pictures were really taken. 

-I did my meal prep for the week (Salsa Verde Pork in the crock pot for lunches & scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfasts.) 
-Nash went to the dog park very briefly in the morning & for a brief walk later that afternoon.  The weather was cloudy & rainy most of the day
-I did laundry
-I did the dishes

Annnd that's pretty much it.  I still didn't get weeks of lesson plans done nor did I ever actually make it to the post office.  I hate going to the post office & I don't even really know why.

Here's to hoping that this week is more productive & also flies by.  I found out last night that my week just got about 10x more stressful because of softball & what I now need to get done for it because the head coach is out for at least a week.

8 comments:

  1. My daughter lives in Dallas and loves it. We lived there for 12 years and now I live in cold, bitter Mass. Your choice of dinner sounds so darn good. Your pooch is a cutie pie. Have a great week, Brianne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat like that more than I care to admit haha.

      Delete
  2. Closet clean outs are probably my favorite thing ever!! good luck with yours! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the winter and I do love snow. However, I'm so over this bitter cold weather. It's terrible. It just goes right thru you. You should totally come to visit Boston!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post office is possibly one of the realms of hell. Probably 5th or something.

    No to Pomer-anything. Temperament of a Pom with the hair of a Husky? That's a resounding hell the fuck NO from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pickle roll up thingys! I hope you get to Boston one day, I’d love to go there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nash did have the best day! 9:30 sounds like the ideal time to go home on a Saturday night... or be home, in my case ha!

    ReplyDelete