Monday, June 1, 2020

Monday Morning Coffee *6/1*


It's June!  And if I'm being honest, with how the last few months have unfolded I don't know how I feel about that.  June for me has a couple of big things, surgery & a photo shoot, but mostly a lot of DoorDash.

Friday
Friday I was in a mood.  Like a should have just never left the house mood.  Everything going on in Minneapolis was the biggest part of it.  I then also found out that despite being one of the very first people to volunteer, I did not get a summer school position.  I had scheduled myself to do DoorDash already that day but really didn't want to.  However, because Monday had been Memorial Day I had decided not to go & then Tuesday it was so slow I made $0 so I ultimately decided to go out.  In the end it was a waste.  It was a mixture of slow & low offers.  For the record, as a general rule, at least in the Houston area, DoorDash has a base pay of $3 & then the rest is tip.  95% of drivers will not pick up your order if it equals out to less than $1/mile.  So between the low offers & my bad mood, I decided to call it quits about an hour into the shift so I could go run errands & just be home.

Saturday
Saturday we took P to go see our friends that used to live in the same apartment complex as we did.  It had been over a month since we had seen them & P and their daughter hadn't seen each other since before Covid.  Actually, I'm pretty sure they hadn't seen each other since before they moved back in November.  The girls had a blast running around & tiring themselves out.

Sunday
Sunday was a lazy day.  We didn't even meal prep.  In the morning I took P to get donuts before she went back to her mom's & then Danny & I just watched movies most of the day.  Well he did bathe the dogs while I did a couple loads of laundry.  Other than that though it was a movie day.  We re-started & finally finished Avengers: Age of Ultron and then watched Ant-Man (finishing the 2nd phase of the Marvel movies) & Four Brothers because Danny had never seen it & somehow it had come up the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment