Monday, May 18, 2020

Monday Morning Coffee *5/18*


Happy Monday everyone!  Last week was such a blur for me that I didn't even get a Friday Favorites post up like I had intended to.  This past weekend though was excellent.  The weather turned out to be really nice & it was the perfect combo of fun, productive, & relaxing.

Last Week
Last week I did my first full week of DoorDash.  A couple of the days were slightly frustrating, due to restaurants not customers, but overall it was good.  I got to deliver to an over 2 mil dollar home.  I was awestruck driving through the security guarded neighborhood.  

I also got my first DD paycheck so part of it went into savings & part of it went onto a credit card.  At the time that was my plan.  Every Tuesday 20% would go into savings & the other 80% would go on my credit card, or lowest debt.  However, on Thursday I had to have a virtual consultation with a surgeon because my "liver" issue has been solved.  Apparently I have little polyps on my gallbladder & at least one possible gallstone.  So, on June 8th that bad boy is coming out!  Luckily it's just an outpatient procedure & I can pretty much return to life as normal instantly.  I mean I can't drive myself home & I can't do anything super strenuous for 4-6 weeks, but I can eat/drink like normal & do light exercise.  So now I'll be saving the next 3-4 DD checks to go towards that because I have mediocre insurance at best so not only did I already have to pay $200 out of pocket for my 15 minute video consultation, I owe $800ish 2 days before my surgery... But at least I know what the problem is & it's a simple fix.

I also made carrot cake cupcakes last week because we had/have a shit ton of carrots.  I don't even really like carrot cake so I couldn't even tell you if they were good or not because I sent them to work with Danny.  According to him everyone at work loved them so I'll take his word for it.

Friday
Friday was chill.  We stayed at home, finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy, & ordered Dominos.  A girl I follow on Instagram had posted about how she had just discovered Topo Chico.  I LOVE Topo Chico but it got me wanting to make some different cocktails with it.  Friday night I made "Ranch Water" since I had been wanting to try it for well over a year but just never thought about it.  Honestly, didn't love it.  Mostly because I'm not a huge tequila person & all it is is Topo Chico, tequila, & lime juice.

Saturday
Saturday we picked up Presley in the morning & went down to Danny's mom's for the day since we couldn't last weekend for Mother's Day because he had been on call.  It was SO weird driving there because even driving THROUGH Houston at like 10 am on a Saturday there was NO traffic.  I have never seen it so dead.  It's kind of hard to tell but there was a lizard trying to catch a ride.  He held on for quite awhile!  We had a little mini spa day where we painted our nails, bejeweled our hair & clothes, & then put some temporary blue dye in Presley's hair.  She already had pink tips & a couple of months ago had a full head of pink hair so now she has blue & pink streaked hair.  She got to ride her bike around for a bit & play with slime & then we had some steaks for supper before heading back home.

That night Danny & I just sat in the driveway listening to music & drinking since we couldn't go anywhere.  I made a couple more Topo Chico cocktails.  One with grapefruit vodka & another with watermelon vodka.  The watermelon vodka one was hands down my favorite.  It tasted exactly like watermelon laffy taffy.  So much so that I almost ran out to buy some the next day because I was suddenly craving it.

Sunday
Sunday was the productive day.  I got all of the laundry done & vacuumed while Danny picked up the bedroom, cleaned the bathroom, & bathed the dogs.  Nash HATES baths.  The upside for bath time is that afterwards I get all of the cuddles because Danny is the one that does it.  I also tried one last cocktail with Topo Chico.  I did one with a pomegranate liquor.  It was really refreshing & my second favorite of the different concoctions.  Once all of the cleaning was done we settled in & started watching Avengers: Age of Ultron but Danny passed out SUPER early.  I half ass finished it while getting all of my grades up to date & then watched Roped & a Jerry Seinfeld comedy special on Netflix.  I was still wide awake but it was around 10:30 at that time so I put on some That 70s Show so I could half ass watch that while trying to fall asleep.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you figured out what is going on with your liver and that you have a plan for it! Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend - the watermelon vodka sounds refreshing! I can't believe it's already the end of school. It kind of feels like it's already summer but then it doesn't. Do you feel that way, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you know what's going on with your liver although--ugh--medical expenses. At least you have a game plan for them! I don't love carrot cake myself, but those cupcakes sure look good!

    ReplyDelete