Monday, May 11, 2020

Monday Morning Coffee *5/11*


Happy Monday y'all!  I hope that everyone was able to enjoy Mother's Day yesterday, even though I'm sure it looked different for a lot of people this year.  Having not lived in the same state as my mom on Mother's Day for nearly a decade now mine really didn't look all that different.  As always, I called her in the morning to wish her a happy Mother's Day, talked to her for a little bit, & then we went on with our days.

Friday
Friday morning I had an appointment to get an ultrasound done on my abdomen so they could see what, if anything, is up with my liver/kidneys since I've been having a weird dull pain.  I won't know the results of that until at least tomorrow, possibly not until Thursday.  Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious.  On the bright side I asked the doctor if she could look at my ovaries while she was there just to see if she could see anything & she said that she couldn't tell if there was anything like endometriosis, which is what I was wondering, but there were no cysts that she could see.  I have my annual woman physical next Monday where I'll really talk to her about all of that stuff.

After the doctor I called my mom to let her know what I knew, which was essentially nothing, & then decided I liked Steph's idea of OPC (other people's coffee) & went through a drive thru for a coffee shop I had never been to before on my way home.  OPC & working on a 101 in 1001 goal for the win!  By the time I got home I didn't really have time to go to the park before my DoorDash shift so I just ate breakfast really quick & then headed out for a couple of hours.  

When I got home I decided I wanted to take Nash to the dog park since another one of my goals is to start taking him at least once a month so that he stops being so anti-social in public.  He wasn't too sure about the first few dogs he met, & mostly stuck by my side or met all the people, but then he met another dog who was also unsure of the other dogs & they hit it off.  Unfortunately it started to rain so we didn't get a ton of time there before heading back home.

Saturday
Saturday morning when I woke up I got an alert on my DoorDash app so I opened it & it said that an area nearby was "very busy."  When I signed up I really only had plans of doing it Monday-Friday during lunch, but Danny saw it & wanted out of the house so he said, "LET'S GO MAKE SOME MONEY!"  So we did.  We did it from about 9-1:30 before heading home.  There was a bonus $2 for each delivery from 4-9 so we went back out for that.  At 5:30 though a friend said that they had bought a sack of crawfish & got one free so he asked if we wanted to go help eat some so we went to go do that instead because crawfish >> one $8 order in 1.5 hours...

Sunday
We had been up crazy late Saturday, like I don't think we went to bed until between 1-2 & I slept like shit.  According to my Fitbit I got 4 hours... so I woke up, drove to the donut shop & got us a couple of kolaches to share, called my mama for Mother's Day, & then went back to bed for awhile while Danny started prepping some food.  Around 12-1 I finally got back out of bed, made some coffee, & then hung out outside with Nash & Danny for a bit.  Our neighbors were outside, & while we always wave to them, we never actually talk to them.  They don't really speak English, & we don't really speak Spanish.  But they were outside grilling & we were outside smoking some corn on the cob & pork so we somehow wound up over there.  Now I *really* want to learn Spanish.  We spent a couple of hours over there eating & talking, mostly through the help of the poor little 9 year old girl who played translator for us & her grandpa.  Later on the mom & some other relatives showed up who could also speak a little English.  But now even more so I want to learn Spanish.  I mean I should have started 8 years ago when I started teaching in Texas but it is what it is....

Danny was on call for work & there is almost never actually a call that comes in.  They are on call Monday-Sunday & we even chose not to go down to his mom's on Saturday for Mother's Day because on Friday he was told there was a really good chance that in the afternoon he'd be getting a call for a shipment.  The call never came.  It wasn't until 8-830 Sunday night that he got called in... and wound up not getting home until nearly 1 am...  He was not happy... So as I finish up this post at 8:30 on Monday morning, he is sleeping in bed because he took today off.  Some Sunday afternoon he always says he's taking Monday off, & never does because adulthood, but having to be at work until 12:30 this morning he chose to use a day & stay home rather than have to wake up at 6:30 & go back to work.

1 comment:

  1. I can't blame Danny for taking off in that situation, I would want to to! How's your liver/kidney situation? Any news?

    ReplyDelete