Wednesday, March 25, 2020

What's Up Wednesday

My last post was a month ago.  A month ago I was SO ready for spring break to hurry up & arrive because I NEEDED a break from my job & my students.  I'm not going to sit here & lie & tell you that I miss my job, because I don't.  But I do miss my kids.  A month ago I was just starting to work on my real estate license so I could get out of teaching for good.  I'm still working on it, but suddenly having my kids ripped away without getting to say a real goodbye, has me wanting to do one more year as a 10th grade teacher so that I can hopefully have some of my same kids again next year when we go back.  As of this moment, we may even be going back to school at some point.  We're actually set to go back on April 13th as of right now, but that was decided a week ago, & as well all know a lot could happen/change in the next 2.5 weeks.  Other schools in Texas have already decided that they won't be returning for the rest of the year.


Linking up with Sheaffer & Shay.

What I'm Eating
Dinner plans this week include:
Chili Cheese Dog Crescent Rolls
Nachos
Pork Etouffe
Salisbury Steak

What I'm Reminiscing About
Getting to see some of my favorite students

What I'm Loving
More time with Nash 

What I've Been Up To
Trying to find the motivation to truly get stuff accomplished during the day...aka spend more time on my real estate license since I should be flying through with all my new found free time. 

What I'm Doing This Weekend
Nothing.  We had plans to go to a crawfish boil, but like everything else, it has been cancelled.

What I'm Excited About
The fact that I'm saving money because I can't go anywhere

What I'm Watching
Danny & I are watching House of Cards at night on Netflix.  During the day I'm currently watching season 2 of All American, and then plan on watching the latest season of Schitt's Creek, after that I'm open to suggestions...

What I'm Listening To
The birds...and my dog bark... a lot...

What I'm Working On
My real estate licence

What I'm Wearing
A mix of workout clothes & actual outfits... I'm trying to force myself to get dressed during the week so that I have more motivation to be productive...

4 comments:

  1. I wore jeans today - jeans! Nevermind it's one of the only pairs of pants I can put on over my leg. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are y'all doing zoom or virtual instruction? Our charter schools went virtual for the rest of the year already. ISD is all over the place right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think of how hard it must be for teachers to have their students ripped away from them... even though I'm feeling that a bit myself. My yoga student and I are taking a break right now, and I'm hoping that I get to see her again in the future, as we never got to say goodbye either. It's such a weird time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late in catching up with my WUW reading.

    I really hope you do get a chance to properly say good-by to your students. I know my kids miss their teachers.

    The bright side of this is that, except for groceries, we're really not spending money on anything right now which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete