Monday, February 17, 2020

Monday Morning Coffee *217*


Normally I'd have this all typed up by Sunday night so that I could have it auto-published at midnight.  However, I knew I had the day off today so I am literally writing this on Monday morning while drinking my coffee...  I was trying to also watch the new To All The Boys movie but it's not working right now.  That's probably God's way of telling me that I should in reality get my butt to the apartment & clean now rather than wasting my day away.

Friday
For Valentine's Day we opted to stay in.  I made Oven Roasted Shrimp w/Parmesan Risotto & garlic bread.  Danny got me *the* sweetest gift ever.  He got me a super sweet present that had me in tears.  He wrote me a little letter, got me a date night change shadow box, a picture frame with pictures of us, a cube for my desk at work with different sayings, & chocolate/candy covered strawberries.  I had also planned on making dessert but forgot my mixer at the apartment so no dessert was had.

Saturday
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed Saturday morning & for no real good reason was an emotional, kind of whiny, bitch most of the day.  Luckily for Danny I had a baby shower that morning so he got a few hours of peace before I came back home.  My friend's sister in law is a baker so she made the cutest cookies & cupcakes for the shower, of which I took 0 pictures.

When I got home we went to the storage unit to drop some things off, grabbed the mixer from the apartment, & then went to the grocery store.  At the store we got into, I don't know not really an argument, & I couldn't even tell you what it was about at this point anymore, but we had a silent car ride home & then I just laid in bed for a hot minute when we got home because I knew my bad mood self would just make things worse if I didn't.

That night we met up with one of his friends/co-workers at a bar where we Danny wound up making all the friends & what was originally going to be "get crawfish & a couple of drinks" turned into 2 am & Whataburger.

Sunday
Sunday morning was rough.  Luckily some water, meds, & bread cured me.  Danny & his friend Alex that we had met up with the night before moved my couches from the apartment into storage & my bed into our new place so that Danny's daughter can have her very own room when she's over.  While the boys did the heavy lifting, P & I went to Target & then watched Zombies on Disney+.  We were both exhausted from the whole weekend that we ate supper, put on Ironman, & were asleep before 9 PM... which is also part of the reason that I didn't write a blog post last night.

How was your Valentine's Day weekend??

5 comments:

  1. When I'm cranky like that, Husband will straight up be like, "Are you hangry or do you just need a nap?" Usually both food and a nap solve my pissy mood so I can't even be mad.

    Also, now I want shrimp risotto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really fun weekend! Always nice to end with a target run and disney +! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Valentine's gift! I didn't realize Danny had a daughter, how lovely! I really liked Zombies, ngl... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww !!! such a cute gift you received from Danny, loved that picture frame and candies. One of my favorite - roasted shrimp with some garlic extra cheese bread. Miss seeing those cute cupcakes pictures by your friend's sister in law. I hope you had a fun-filled weekend. Zombies sound dreadful!!! Enjoy !!! Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a wonderful weekend and the cutest valentines gift.Me and my daughter catch up with Disney movies on TV and the latest is the Beauty and the Beast. She never gets tired of it and we love to munch on some caramel popcorn as well.

    ReplyDelete