Tuesday, December 31, 2019

September-December 2019


Happy New Year's Eve everyone!  I know I pretty much dropped off the face of the Earth as far as blogging goes over the last 4-6 months, but I hope that 2019 treated everyone well & that 2020 is even kinder to you.  One of my goals while I'm still on break, is to catch up on bunch of unread blog posts.  I have been following along with some of you on IG though & if there are any of you out there that I'm not following, I'd love to so let me know!

Last Monday I recapped Jan-Apr & yesterday I recapped May-Aug.  That means today I'm wrapping up 2019, which is actually a lot more fitting than I had planned seeing as it is actually the last day of 2019...

Anyway, onward with the reacp!


In September Danny & I went to our first concert together & saw Chris Young (who he is obsessed with.)  We also went on our first mini roadtrip/out of town stay together when we drove up to Fort Worth for my friend Trey's wedding.


For awhile I was also meeting all of the dogs...


Nash being the spoiled only child that he is was not pleased with me about this.


I'm not really sure exactly when it happened, but at one point Danny & I unofficially moved in together.  It was around then that I knew for sure that he was the one because instead of wanting him to go away so I could have all the me time like normal, I wanted him around all the time even if we weren't doing anything.



October brought more adventures such as me turning 31, our first Halloween together, briefly joining a weekly bags (corn hole) tournament at a bar across the street, & getting together with friends.


In November Danny & I went out of town together again.  We went back to Dallas but this time to watch the Vikings play the Cowboys.  It was a nail biter of a game but the Vikings pulled off a win.  We also had our first Friendsgiving!  A couple of days later Nash & I set off on a 5-6 day road trip to Minnesota for actual Thanksgiving.  It was the longest Danny & I had been apart since we met.

Having been fed up with my job since pretty much day 1, I began applying for new jobs some time around October-November.  Finally in December I was given a shot to interview for my first ever non-teaching job.  Luckily the interview took place during dead week right before finals.  Of all of the people that applied I was one of 22 that were selected to send in work samples.  Of those 22 only 8 of us sent in samples & so each of us was given a shot at a first round interview.  While I was fairly certain that I was going to get a second round interview, I went into the holidays unsure.


I had originally planned to drive home for Christmas, as I had done every year since getting Nash, but a little before Thanksgiving between Danny, my parents, & I, we all decided it would be best to fly home.  So I did.  Danny watched Nash & they had the time of their lives.  I got on a plane for only the second time since getting Nash & I spent 5 nights away from him which is the longest I ever spent away from Nashy.


While I was home though I got to catch up with 5 different friends as well as spend time with my family.

And now here we are, December 31st.  The end of a month, year, decade.  Danny & I don't really have any big plans for tonight.  Possibly going out to a bar across the road for supper, possibly just getting food to go, watching Netflix, & finding a ball to watch drop online.  

2020 has some big things in store though & I can't wait to share those things with all of you!

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good way to look at it--wanting Danny around versus wanting him to go away. That has been a big problem for me in relationships--I miss my alone time! But maybe I just haven't been with the right people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly had a whirlwind year! I hope you got the job! Looking forward to hearing more about your 2020 plans. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete