Monday, December 23, 2019

January-April 2019


I wrote a whopping 75 posts this year prior to this one.  Over half of them, 44, were written in the first 4 months of the year.  Nothing like starting off strong, slowing down a bit, & then dropping off the face of the Earth.  Only 3 of those 75 were written in September or later...

Nonetheless I'm back to recap my year, which could be a little difficult seeing as how I stopped blogging & didn't really post much on social media in general.  But I'm here to give it a shot in hopes of getting my mojo back to blog a bit more in 2020.

I started off the year with big plans for both this blog & my Beachbody business.  


I even went to one of Beachbody's Super Sundays where I got to workout with other coaches & Shaun T, creator of Insanity & Transform 20.  It was definitely a cool experience & the inspiration for my word of the year.

My word of the year was "transform" and while I don't think I transformed quite in the way I intended when I made that my word, my life has certainly transformed into something I didn't see coming.


Softball season started & took over my life like always & I had a blast every step of the way.  Softball season soon replaced my Beachbody business as trying to teach, coach, & run a successful business became too much.  In February I slowed down on my business & by March I had officially quit.


In March my parents made their annual trip down to Texas to visit Nash & me.  We went to a Civil War museum, the Stockyards, hiking, & obviously to get some crawfish and barbecue!


In April my friend Katherine came to visit with her dog Annie & we went to a Dallas Stars/Minnesota Wild game as well as forced our dogs to do a photo shoot in Bluebonnets.  The photo shoot was definitely an "Instagram vs Reality" moment.


April continued to be a big month for Nash & I.  Nash turned 2, I saw Eric Church by myself, we visited Tomball, & I began applying for new jobs back down in the Houston area.  April is also when my Instagram account that I had grown to around 5400 followers stopped working & I decided to start over with the account I have now.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting when things change, but not in the way you intended. I guess that's life for ya!

    ReplyDelete