Monday, December 30, 2019

May-August 2019


Last Monday I gave a recap of the first four months in 2019.  I had honestly intended to have this one posted last Thursday, & then the final recap posted Friday, but Christmas happened so here we are finishing up today & tomorrow.

I started May off by getting to watch girls I had coached as freshmen, play in the first round of playoffs for softball as seniors.


My friends Kayla & Sonja also flew down to visit me & we spent the weekend exploring both Dallas & Fort Worth.  We even went to the JFK museum, which despite having lived there for 4 years, I had never been to before.


I got to catch up with a few of my former athletes from my time at LWHS


May also saw what would be my final banquet not only as a coach at RHS, but as a coach in general.


Because I ended May by driving back to Minnesota with a new job offer, that did not include coaching, back down near Houston.

June consisted of a lot of catching up with friends from back home.




As well as a lot of time hanging out at my parents' & impatiently waiting to hear back about paperwork from my new job.


I ultimately had to make a trip down to Texas to resign from my old job & sign a lease on my new apartment despite having an official paperwork date from my new job.  On my drive back to MN I was offered a coaching job, still down by Houston, which I turned down because I a)I was super excited about my new job & b)I wanted a break from coaching so I could do grad school. ... I kick myself multiple times a week about turning that job down.

When July rolled around I suddenly did not want to leave MN & was applying to jobs like a bat out of hell.  I even had a couple of interviews.  None of those jobs worked out which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  On July 29 I arrived back in Houston, signed my paperwork for my new job on July 30, & then on August 2nd my entire life changed.

On August 2nd, after my first day back at work (where I learned that I would not be teaching 11th grade but instead 9th grade, which was the beginning of the end for me as far as my job is concerned) I met Danny at a party down at the pool.  My roommate's friend was actually interested in him but at the end of the night, trying to be cute, she pushed him into the pool with his phone in his pocket.  Later that night I happened to be outside & saw him, asked him if he had found any rice for his phone, got him rice, we hung out, wound up at Whataburger at like 2 or 3 am, & have pretty much been inseparable since.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I didn't know how you guys met! That's so cute! I just assumed you met online like everyone else in 2019, haha. My last bf and I went on our first date on August 2nd, and even though we're not together anymore, it was a really cute date, so I still think fondly of August 2nd!

    ReplyDelete