Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Monday Morning Coffee Vol. 19


Happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone had a good weekend!  Yesterday was a whole thing with my moving company & then me driving down to Houston which is why this didn't get posted yesterday.  As of yesterday I am officially back in Houston!  In case you missed it on Friday, I left a day later than originally planned.  It honestly all worked out for the best this way & made a whole lot more sense.  This week is a big week.  Moving yesterday, paperwork today, hopefully getting all of my stuff delivered today by the moving company, otherwise it'll be tomorrow & grad school classes start Thursday, & I go back to work on Friday!  Basically summer for me has come to an end.

Friday
My mom had the day off Friday & so we went to go run some errands.  At 30 years old I lost my mother in Walmart.  Y'all I can only think of one time I got lost as a child & that was my own damn fault because I wandered off & really it was just 2 rows over in the same clothing section...I was just too short to see.  This time however, we were in the grocery section & she told me to grab this & that & as she was walking away told me where she was going so I didn't really hear her.  I grabbed the two things, waited around that area for a hot minute, & then went into stationary so that I could grab myself a planner.  I was pretty sure she had said that she was going to the bathroom so then I went back there to wait figuring she would call me if she couldn't find me.  I sat back there for a hot minute...nothing.  I knew she had left her purse with me but just assumed she had grabbed her phone.  Nope!  Well swell... so I wandered back over to grocery & called my dad.  I told him I had lost his wife & asked how embarrassed he thought she'd be if I had her paged over the intercom.  Just at the moment I saw her walking nearby.

My dad got off work early on Friday & was able to be home around 5 pm which means I actually got to see him again before leaving which I wouldn't have been able to do if I had left Friday morning.  My brother had plans with his girlfriend but he stopped in after work too to say goodbye.  We grilled some brats & just relaxed at home until it was bedtime for everyone.

Saturday
Nash & I started our journey back to Texas.  We didn't leave until almost 11 am because I knew we would be stopping in Kansas City which is "only" a 7-8 hour drive & I didn't want to spend hours upon hours just sitting at the hotel before bedtime.  We stopped in Southern Minnesota for lunch & just ate it in the parking lot so that we could kill a little more time.  I also talked to my mom on the phone while I ate my lunch.  We stopped again a couple of hours later so that Nash could go potty again but then didn't stop until we were about an hour & a half away from our hotel.  There is a DQ along our route in Missouri where I first learned that dogs get free ice cream there so now we always stop.  I got a mini Sour Patch Kids Blizzard, got Nash his free ice cream, & fed him his supper while we sat in that parking lot.  I also grabbed a salad for supper at the gas station across the street so that I wouldn't have to stop again or get food delivered.  

Nash was pretty much an asshole all night long.  He barked at pretty much everything.  It didn't help that the pool was right outside our window.  The pillows were also the worst hotel pillows I've ever had.  We always stay at La Quinta because Nash gets to stay for free at every location, but we will never stay at this location again.  Honestly, if the booking hadn't been so last minute we wouldn't have even stayed in Kansas City at all since Wichita is our new normal.

Sunday
Nash & I had quite the day on Sunday.  He was in desperate need of a bath so because the tub in the hotel room had higher sides than normal I decided to just give him the bath there.  He hates baths!  He's also really strong.  I picked him up & as soon as I started getting towards the tub he started thrashing around like a shark & head butted me causing me to split my lip a little bit.  Ultimately I still won as he got the bath.

A little ways into our drive I stopped at a gas station to get food, go to the bathroom, all that jazz.  I got a little snack pack that had apples, crackers, cheese, ham, & grapes.  Nash could have literally had anything out of there except the one thing I gave him.  Without thinking because he was all up in my face as I was eating I gave him half a grape.  99.9% of the time I Google everything before I let him eat it.  The one time I don't I give him something potentially toxic.  I quick looked up a number for an emergency vet clinic & asked them what to do.  She told me that every dog was different but just to be safe I should get some peroxide & make him vomit.  It should also be noted that we were on the Kansas Turnpike at that point meaning there are VERY FEW places to stop.  Luckily I wasn't far from an exit that had a Walgreens so I picked up some peroxide & baby medicine, because I needed the syringe & apparently you can't buy them separate.  I'm sure I then looked like a blast & a half as I was holding Nash down in the parking lot half crying & half pleading with him to just let me give him the peroxide.  Afterwards we trotted around the parking lot for 20 minutes while he looked happy as a clam & super pleased with himself.  It had been a little over 20 minutes & nothing... I called the vet back & as I was asking her what to do he threw up in the parking lot & so we were on our way.

We stayed in Fort Worth with a friend of mine who I used to work with.  She has a couple of dogs so Nash was in heaven, the other dogs not so much because they're 8 & 10 whereas Nash is 2.  We went to Chuys, put together an IKEA dresser, & then just hung out watching TV until bedtime.

Not to leave y'all hanging in suspense with my moving company drama, but I will update you on that on Friday.  Partly because this post is getting long & a day overdue, partly because I have to get ready to go sign paperwork, & partly because the drama hasn't officially ended.  Fingers crossed it ends today!  I want/need my stuff!

The Week Ahead
1- Theme of the week: 5 of Wands - Hold my head up high & remember that I will end up exactly where I need to be
2- Monday & Tuesday: 4 of Wands - A sign of moving place of residence.
3- Wednesday & Thursday: Reverse 2 of Wands - Make a change & try new things in order to fully enjoy life
4- Friday: Hermit - Make sure that doing the right thing is also the right thing for me personally
5- Saturday & Sunday: Reverse 5 of Cups - Don’t get stuck in things that are already over & done with
6- Advice for the week: Reverse World - Getting close to who I really am at my deepest level - take a moment to rest & relax

2 comments:

  1. Having done the drive from Michigan last summer, I know it's a LONG trip with a dog. Welcome back to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so funny that you lost your mom! Blue always loses me in stores because I'm so short and have a tendency to wander off if I see a shiny object lol. You had quite the weekend! Glad to hear Nash is better, and hope you get your stuff soon!

    ReplyDelete