Friday, July 26, 2019

Friday Favorites *7/26*


Happy Friday!  Today is my last full day in Minnesota.  I was planning on leaving this morning until my moving company & threw a wrench into all of that.  Now I will be leaving tomorrow morning.  I'm not complaining!  I get an extra day in Minnesota, Nash & I will get to have a sleepover with one of my friends & former co-workers in Dallas, & I won't have to make a trip back up to Dallas just to get my stuff.


From the Phone





Moments of Gratitude
**Getting to see Becky twice in one week**

**Getting clarity from the medium**


**The MN vs TX roller coaster coming to an end**


**Getting to go to the county fair for the first time in years**


**Hour long massage**


Events of the Week
Monday: Monday morning I had a call with my new grad school advisor.  She seems really awesome & it got me ready start my courses (6 more days!)  At noon I had an appointment with a medium that a couple of my friends have gone to before.  I'm going to do a whole post about that next week but it got me all pumped up about life.  After that I met up with my cousin at a little dive bar for lunch.  I was hoping to hear from the MN school that day but didn't.  I did finally get a date set up to do my paperwork for Houston though so at least I got that accomplished.

Tuesday: Tuesday morning I made a call down to Houston to find out what my salary was going to be.  Honestly I did it because I was thinking at the time that it would be financially smarter to stay in MN & was worried that it was going to be really rough if I didn't get the job in MN & had to go back to TX.  I was wrong.  I was very wrong.  I knew I had to go back to Texas.  Financially it's what made the most sense.  Even though I knew it was the right thing to do, & I didn't even know if the MN job was an option or not yet, I still bawled my eyes out, a couple of times.  I know it's going to be ok.  I was previously super excited to be moving back to the Houston area, & that had been the plan for over a month.  I think it was more about the fact that I had spent the last 3 weeks convincing myself not only that it was possible to stay, but that I was going to stay.  Also, I spent the last 2 months at my parents' house surrounded by friends & family & that was by far the longest I had been home at one time in like 4 years.

A few hours after I had made the decision I got a call from the MN school saying they had offered the job to someone else & they had accepted.  I didn't answer the call because I honestly thought that since they were calling they were going to offer it to me & I didn't quite know how to turn it down yet.  But then I listened to the voicemail & found out I had in fact not gotten the job.  The principal was super nice about it though & told me how well I had done & that they would definitely be keeping my info on file for the future.

I had gotten the call as I was on my way to meet Becky at a dog park so our dogs could play.  Mostly I was tired of Nash being an asshole & was hoping it would tire him out.  If you follow me on Snapchat or Instagram you know that a man showed up to the dog park, without a dog, in his underwear.  My cousin wound up calling the cops because he kept trying to pick up a girl's husky & force him to swim in the river.  He also kept talking to himself & at one point laid down by a tree & put his hands in his underwear.  Needless to say the cops came & he left...

Wednesday: Most of the day was spent doing nothing.  I should have been productive but I just didn't want to be.  I did get a much needed massage, & probably my last one for awhile because needs vs wants.  After my massage I went to the county fair with my mama, brother, & his girlfriend.  It was technically set-up day so there wasn't a whole lot there but I did get my pork chop & to see some animals which is really all I care about anymore.

Thursday: I spent most of the day thinking it was my last day in Minnesota.  That was until about 4 pm when my moving company called to confirm my moving date & told me that they could only give me a 4 hour window of when they'd be showing up to my storage unit & I would only get a 30 minute heads up.  My window is from 8 am-noon & my apartment is 3.5 hours away from my storage unit.  Ultimately I decided it made 0 sense to drive down to Houston on Saturday only to either drive back up Sunday & find someone to stay with or have to leave my apartment at 4 am just in case they were to get to the storage unit at 8 am...

I went to the county fair again.  This time it was pretty much just to say goodbye to my friend Kristie & hang out with her for a bit while she volunteered in the EMS tent.  I did get some cheese curds & ran into a few other people from HS that I had got to awkwardly talk say hi to.

I had intended to pack because I thought I was going to be leaving this morning but when I found at 4 pm that I wouldn't be I obviously put it off because I'm a procrastinator...

Nash





Funnies





8 comments:

  1. the dude at the dog park is still weird.
    I often take our dogs on a walk so they will be less annoying. Tired dogs are good dogs.
    I've been telling myself I do NOT need a massage for like.. a week and a half.. butttt I wawwwwnnnnttsss itttttt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a spa gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket so I think your hour long massage inspired me to book mine! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it worked out the way it supposed to sweet girl! Safe travels back to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on moving to Houston - I'm excited for you! Safe drive back and can't wait to hear about all your Houston adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes being an adult is hard. Sounds like this is one of those times, even though moving to TX is the most financially sound decision. I'm glad you got to spend the last 2 months surrounded by friends and family, got some clarity from the medium, and looking forward to grad school though! Sending you lots of positive thoughts for a smooth move tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck in Houston. I'm praying everything goes well.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels, friend. I'm glad that you finally got some answers and I hope this year is amazing for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finally getting some answers and being able to plan your life now! That must be a relief! I'm excited to hear more about your experience with the medium, that sounds so cool! Oh, and I died at the "Irish hello"--IT ME!

    ReplyDelete