Monday, May 27, 2019

Monday Morning Coffee Vol. 13


Happy Monday!  I'm sure blogland will be quiet today as it's a 3 day weekend for most.  I'm not at work today either.  My weekend has pretty much just consisted of packing & moving some things out of my apartment & into storage though so I figured, why not just recap today anyway since that is essentially what today holds in store as well.  I hope everyone is having a good weekend & is being safe!

Friday
Despite just watching movies all week, the last full week of school wore me out.  I was too tired to even go to the chiropractor like I had planned.  Instead I went home, made some tea, & turned on That 70s Show until going to bed.

Saturday
Saturday on the other hand was a busy day!  I had to take Nash to the vet at 9 am to get him his kennel cough vaccine as well as a new 3 month supply of his flea/tick & heartworm medicines.  His 3 month supply of medicine & vaccine only cost me $100 & that is why I never want to have to find him a new vet & why it is worth the 45 minute drive once every 3 months.

After getting home from the vet I was able to very briefly get a couple things done at home before going to my own appointment.  As of right now I am officially off blood pressure meds!  It has been normal on it's own for a little over a week without meds, in fact my meds were dropping it too low & I was on the lowest dose possible.  When I went in I was textbook 120/80.  So no more meds for me!

I needed new sunglasses because somehow mine got bent to shit the other day & there is no way I can make a 1100 mile drive without sunglasses.  I also thought I'd try to find a cute top to go with a skirt that I recently bought.  I didn't find a top but I did find a dress to wear to a wedding this summer.

I took a nap & ate the last of the food out of my fridge so I could get all of my dishes done to pack up.  (They still aren't packed by the way.)  The dishes are basically all I have left though.  I just need to go get more boxes or a couple of totes.  I can't decide.

That night I met up with Raeann & we wandered around the Stockyards, got a drink at Filthy McNastys, & ate supper at Billy Bob's before watching Gary Allan.  We ended the night by laying in the grass, well she just sat in the grass, near the coliseum.

Almost 4 years ago exactly I drove up from Houston to spend a night in Dallas with Mr. Oklahoma & then meet the girl I was going to live with the next day in Fort Worth.  That night Mr. Oklahoma & I went to the Stockyards for dinner & I laid in that grass while he took a phone call that would forever change our lives & the path we were on.  I never saw him again after that night & spoke to him only twice after that.  A couple months later I officially moved up to Fort Worth.  Then a couple of years ago Raeann & I had our first big bonding moment where we sat in pretty much that same spot crying about boys & life.  It just seemed fitting & poetic to end out last night in the Stockyards in the same spot, minus the tears.  Especially since when I return to Texas I may or may not be living in the DFW area anymore.

Sunday
Sunday I finally got my butt in gear & got pretty much everything packed up (except some of the dishes lol.)  I took a break from packing to drive to Dallas to go to Haystack Burgers.  The softball girls had gotten me a gift card to there so I got a burger & a beer for lunch & then used the rest of it to get a couple of salads to go since I had cleaned out my fridge the day before.

When I was leaving Haystack I notice "Lunchbox Wax."  I've never gotten a wax, & I really don't know that I would.  What I do know though is that I would never get it from a place that referred to my bikini area as a lunchbox...

Once I ran out of boxes & totes I settled in with one of the salads I had bought, Nash, & That 70s Show.


Don't forget to take a moment today to remember just why we have a 3 day weekend.  Remember those who laid their lives on the line for our country.

3 comments:

  1. Phew, looks like you also had a busy weekend! Its crazy how much we can fit in to 48 hours. Good luck with your long road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy last day and safe driving! Can't wait to see where you end up this fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for being able to get off the blood pressure meds!!! That's such great news! And I'm still in love with that dress you found!

    ReplyDelete