Friday, May 24, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  It's my last Friday of the school year!  It's also basically my 2nd to last day.  We have school on Wednesday but I don't have any classes that day.  I don't even have classes until 11:25 today because of the finals schedule.  I do need to go in before then simply to get some signatures for our end of the year check out list but that's about it.  I'm so glad we have a long weekend because I have a ton of stuff I need to get done!

I hope everyone has an awesome day & a safe & fun weekend!

Linking up with Andrea


From the Phone





Moments of Gratitude
**Getting a call for a phone interview next week**

**Getting to catch up with former co-workers**

**Getting to see former students & athletes**

**Last full week of school**

**Getting 4 boxes packed**

Events of the Week
**I got a phone call yesterday to set up a phone interview for a new job next week!  The job is at a newer high school (opened August 2017) down by Houston!  The school is only 15 minutes from the town that I really love & used to live in.  Cross your fingers & say a little prayer people!  I want this job!  This week has made that even more apparent to me**

**For one, I'm pretty sure the head softball coach is hoping I get a new job so that she can hire who she wants.  We are cool on a personal level, but just based on things she has said over the past month or so, & then things she has chosen to do, I'm pretty sure that's what she wants.  Which I both understand & think is shitty**

**Also, last night I went to a robing ceremony for seniors at the school I taught at when I first moved to DFW in 2015.  I only taught there for one year but 2 of the kids I had as freshmen athletes requested that I be one of the 2 people to robe them.  It was so sweet.  Afterwards I went out for drinks with some former co-workers who also attended & we spent 3 hours just talking & catching up.  It made me realize that even though I love the girls I work with, they are truly awesome work friends, I'm not going to be so sad to leave.  I bawled when I left that other job because I loved my co-workers so much.  We were like a little family.  This time around, I love hanging out with them at work but we rarely ever talk or hang out outside of work.  I realized that when we go to our last happy hour as a full group next Wed, I'm not going to cry at all...**

**On Wednesday I met up with a few former athletes from the above mentioned school, at Mutts Cantina in Fort Worth.  One of the girls graduated a couple of years ago & is back in town visiting for about a month.  She is currently living in California.  The other two are graduating this year & one of them was one of the 2 girls that asked me to robe them.  I also miss having that connection with students.  I had that in Houston, I had that in Lake Worth, but I haven't really had that since**

Funnies




5 comments:

  1. Good luck on your interview! Your dog is too cute... such a ham. And yay for the end of the school year! I wish all jobs had that perk lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that as roBBing ceremony and was like DAFUQ?
    Nash makes me smile.
    YAY for interviews and THE END OF THE SEMESTER *all the praise hands emojis*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the job interview!! And I love the pirate tweet haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hang on a sec... you guys get out of school so early! K's last day is end of June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your interview went well! If you're interested in being at ILT Katy Westpark, I know people. (Or Keller Saginaw... or any of their other campuses tbh.) I think it's crappy that the head coach has made her preferences clear, too. Sometimes adults really suck. I'm glad that you've had some good coworkers though. They make all the difference. <3

    ReplyDelete