Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Monday Morning Coffee Vol. 12


Here we are yet again.  Another Monday Morning Coffee on a Tuesday...  I hope everyone had a great weekend & a wonderful Monday!  We are officially in dead week.  Meaning My kids have no work left to do...  They've already done their final project, well most of them anyway, a few will be having to take the final because they refused to do the project.  So, we are now watching movies until the end of the year.  I didn't want to have to watch the same movie 4 times a day so each class is getting their own movie.  I'm still picking though.  Yesterday we started with Disney: Emperor's New Groove, Hercules, Mulan, & Pocahontas.

Friday
I had my yearly physical on Friday so I took the day off.  Partly because the appointment was at 10 am 1.5 hours from where I work & half days start/end at 12:20, mostly because I wanted a 3 day weekend.  My appointment was just west of Fort Worth, in an area I have wanted to live since I first moved to Texas.  I may or may not have had a little breakdown on my way out there.  

There is a distinct line when driving west, about where I-30 turns into I-20, where I instantly feel calmer because the city is gone & the country shows up.  It was about there where I almost started to cry because I still want to live out there & feel like since moving to DFW in 2015 I've just moved farther & farther away.  That feeling only increased when I went to look at a rental house (well a room in the house) in a city right by where I work in north Dallas.  

I won't be renting that room by the way.  I could tell just walking in the door I would feel trapped in my room based on house size & who the 2 roommates would have been.  That, & a conversation I had with a co-worker that night kind of gave me another kick in the ass on the job front.

When I left the house I had every intention of going to Haystack Burgers in Dallas because my softball girls had given me a gift card, but I got distracted by calling my mom & soon found myself just automatically driving back home.  Not having much for food at home I went to a bar near my apartment to eat, watch some college softball, & listen to some live music.

Saturday
Saturday was such a rainy day.  I took full advantage of this.  Nash & I stayed in bed a little longer than normal & we watched a lot of That 70s Show on Netflix.  I did also prepare some food for the week (Instant Pot Skinny Creamy Ziti & Hot Tuna & Egg Salad Rolls)  I also got out of the house for a little bit to meet Helen & Caleb at Duff's in Southlake for some wings.  I had never been before, but they had been to Duff's when they went to college in upstate New York & wanted to see if it was the same.  It was apparently very very close.  I liked that the wings were crispy & the ranch was on point.

Sunday
Sunday was a complete 180 degrees from Saturday.  It was sunny & warm.  That called for a final pool day before Helen & Caleb's baby arrives.  A few of us met up at their place to hang out by the pool & grill for a few hours.  I went to Trader Joe's to pick up Cashew Fiesta Dip to bring along because I kept seeing it on Instagram.  But since I was there I also had to get Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus because I'm addicted and a PB&J bar because I had really liked the individual PB&J bites.  (The bites are better for the record.)  I then fell down a rabbit hole & grabbed all of the above to bring along with me...  Oh Trader Joe's, you got me again!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry the room didn't work out... but glad you figured it out BEFORE moving in. I wish I had ideas for you, but I feel like the traffic would be so horrendous with any of my ideas that they aren't useful. I'll keep an eye on my next-door app for you - sometimes people post about rooms / back houses / etc. I'm more in the 635 bubble, but I think the 21 neighborhoods I have access to start get adjacent. <3 Cheers to it almost being summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow the story of your busy life and it's interesting to read.
    How do you determine the rental room and go swimming with friends.

    Keep up the spirit,Brianne.
    Let's drink coffee ☕

    Greetings from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I really love it!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your living situation. I hope you figure something out soon.
    It sounds like you had the perfect weekend- a rainy, lazy Netflix day and a beautiful poolside day. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete