Friday, May 17, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday everyone!  Yesterday was technically my Friday since I'm not at work today.  It's not really a fun reason, I have my yearly woman doctor appointment, but I made sure to make it on a Friday so that I could have a 3 day weekend rather than taking off a Wednesday or Thursday & having to go back to work the next day.  My big plans today include appointment & looking at a rental closer to work.  Really it's a room in a house, but it's closer to work by a long shot, cheaper than what I pay now, AND there is a backyard for Nash!  Fingers crossed people!

Linking up with Andrea


From the Phone
We had our softball banquet & the girls got me flowers, made me this cute little sign that I'm going to hang up in my classroom next year, & then also got me a gift card to a burger place

Nash, because Nash

If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen this in my stories, but I was having such a day on Tuesday that I got all the way through sauteing my brats before I realized I didn't put the $%#$%# pot in the Instant Pot...

A couple mornings before work I took Nash to the fenced in "dog park" area at my apartment so he could run off some steam

I'm not settling down until I find a man that looks at me the same way...

Moments of Gratitude
**Only having a 4 day work week**

**Sweet gifts from the softball girls at our banquet**

**Setting up a meeting to view a place to live next school year**

**Having a backup phone charger**

**Free donuts at work**

Events of the Week
This week was actually pretty uneventful.  My students were all working on their final projects that are due today.  My 10th grade World History students all had to make a timeline mobile (like that hangs above a baby's crib, not like something you'd drive around) while my seniors all had to do a personal budget project.  Watching my seniors do the budget project was probably my favorite as always. "MISS I'M GONNA BE POOR!"  "MISS I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ADULT!"  "WHY ARE THINGS SO EXPENSIVE?!"  Welcome to adulthood children...

I was so tired most of this week.  I had considered going to a FREE concert on Wednesday night for a band that I really like, and it was even at a place where I could have brought Nash.  However, at 5:45 I was so exhausted that I knew my night was going to consist of couch & Netflix.

We had out end of the year softball banquet last night.  The girls got me a really sweet gift (see photo above) & did something similar for the other coach.  It was just a casual event at one of the girls' homes which made it really fun & easy to talk to people.  A lot of them have requested though that next year we do a fancy banquet so they can all dress up.

I woke up this morning to my phone on 2%... even though it was & had been charging all night long.  Thank God I had another charger in my car, because my internet is also being ridiculous (I'm currently using my phone as a hotspot), otherwise I'm not sure how I'd make it to my appointment or to view the house later as I don't actually know exactly where either one is or how to get there.  Oh technology... you've made me so dependent on you...

Funnies












I hope that everyone has a fantastic Friday & a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Technology fails are the WUUURRRSSTTTT (you see what I did there, I hope).

    I lived with a couple my last semester of college and I can honestly say I really enjoyed it. They sometimes included me in things and we became like family, which was awesome.

    Nash constantly cracks me up.

    And I'm still laughing about your instant pot sausages. At least you didn't have to wait on it to depressurize! loooool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did the budget project with your seniors!! There needs to be more of that for sure... I can't even talk about technology right now. We still don't have phone and internet at the office because the phone companies are fighting over the lines. I'm so annoyed by the entire thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute gift from your softball girls! Also, your funnies especially killed me today. "Jolene," so true." "Hang out 3x a week" is the dream (which did not help my last relationship lol whoops). And I'm definitely using "fellow associate" in the future.

    ReplyDelete