Monday, April 29, 2019

Monday Morning Coffee Vol. 10


Happy Monday!  And happy last Monday in April at that!  Including this one, I only have 3 Mondays left of the school year!  Yay!  I'm still waiting to hear back from the job I "interviewed" for so fingers crossed I get good news this week & can head back down to Houston for a second round interview!  And while beggars can't be choosers, if the 2nd interview could be this Tuesday-Thursday or after next Monday that'd be great because I have friends coming in Fri afternoon & leaving Mon night... 

Anyway, on with the weekend recap!  Because I have friends coming into town at the end of this week I had high hopes of getting all the things done.  In reality I got a couple of the things done & just relaxed.  The relaxing was nice since next weekend will be pretty go go go.  I also in the back of my mind knew that all of the things wouldn't be getting done.  Let's be honest, they don't arrive until 2 pm on Friday which means all of the cleaning will be done Thursday night & Friday morning.

Friday
Friday I was supposed to have drinks with a friend that I haven't seen in over 2 years.  Those plans fell through & I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of glad.  We were only friends because we had a mutual friend & that "friend" hasn't been in my life for just as long & I'd like to keep it that way.  So instead I drank one of my Minnesota beers & watched the series finale of New Girl & then Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 on Netflix with Nash.

Saturday
The day I thought I would be so productive...  I went to a baby shower for my friend Helen in the morning & then thought I'd get all the things done after.  Oil change, laundromat, general apartment cleaning... None of that happened.  Quick backtrack to the baby shower.  If you have any young kids in your life I highly suggest the book Not Quite Narwhal.  Helen got it as a gift from someone & I loved it.  It says it's for ages 4-7 but I quite enjoyed it as well ha.  Anyway, after the baby shower I took Nash to the dog park for a little bit.  It was getting hot out though so we didn't last too long.  He mostly wanted to sit in the tunnel & watch everyone else anyway.  I watched a couple of movies on Netflix, Bull Durham & The Highway Men, & called it a night.  Sunday me was just going to have to be the productive one...

Sunday 
Sunday me was not the productive one.  Okay, I was a little productive.  I took Nash to the dog park in the morning where he played with the big dogs because there were no dogs at the small dog park.  And technically he does weigh enough to be on the big dog side but he's definitely a little fish in a big pond over there...  but he had a blast & it wore him out.  I did take him back later that night to the small dog side & he wasn't having it.  He laid right next to me the whole time so I just took him home.  While I didn't get my oil changed (which I need to stat...I'm close to playing with fire at this point), nor did I go to the laundromat, I did get my nails done!  And I hit up Trader Joe's & dusted!  Baby steps...  The oil change needs to happen ASAP, & the picking up the little things can be done throughout the week, but I don't really want to do the laundromat or big cleaning until Thursday night anyway because someone that lives here sheds like crazy... okay we both do but Nash's fur is more noticeable... I finally started watching Turn on Netflix.  It's only been on my watchlist for years.

Oh!  I also started a new Instagram account...  my old one is still up, & kind of being used, but last Saturday out of nowhere my posts stopped showing up in tagged hashtags & locations.  I took all the normal & suggested measures: stayed off for 3-4 days, changed my hashtags, unlinked my account from everything, reported it (2x), & switched back to a personal account from a business account.  Nothing.  So I'm keeping it up because I've had it since 2012, & because a part of me is hoping that it all starts working again.  But at the same time, it's kind of exciting to start a new one & see how fast I can make that one grow in comparison to my old one.  Plus, it's a fresh start!

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy about your Insta. I have been trying to stay off insta cause well, its such an addiction and I don't think it is a good one. Off to follow your new account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finally had some good weather over the weekend. Now on to rain rain and more rain. We're having guests this weekend as well and I really hope that the skies clear up for them

    ReplyDelete