Monday, January 14, 2019

Monday Morning Coffee Vol. 2


Happy Monday!  This is my last week of getting to leave at 4:10.  Well, actually Thursday is the last day I get to leave at 4:10.  Softball season officially begins on Friday!  Linking up with Biana!

Going back to work after a long break is extra hard.  Even when it's not a full week back...  That's probably why my go to Monday cup is my "Oh For Fox Sake" cup.  Last week wasn't all that bad though, there were actually quite a few great moments!  So grab a cup of coffee, or tea if that's more your thing, & let me share a few with you!

**First of all, only having to be at work from 8:30-12 on Monday, without students, was pretty stellar.  It definitely helped that the weather was nice too.  It was actually the last nice day.  So, Nash-o & I took advantage & went for a walk at the park.**


**I finally made a vision board...**


**...and wouldn't you know 1 day later I got published!!  It may not have been my case study, & don't worry that stays on the board, but published is published my friends!  Voyage Houston posted an interview that I did with them about blogging & my new business!**

**Friday I took a half day.  That's right, I lasted all of 3 days with my students before I needed a break.  I love my seniors, & have plans for the full days I still have available to me, so I took Friday morning off.  Holy hell it was glorious.**


**I finally got my ratchet looking nails fixed.  Not only were my nails overdue, it was also great to do something for myself after returning to work.  When I say going back to work was rough, I mean it was ROUGH.  It was like starting the year all over again.  Long story short, self-care was needed**


**I got the sweetest surprise in the mail on Saturday & it came at the perfect time.  I know that I've VERY briefly & vaguely talked about my business before, but I work with an amazing group of women.  This business saved me.  Physically, mentally, emotionally.  I was hating my job, I had been in the ER for high blood pressure twice, & my anxiety was through the roof.  This.  Business.  Saved me.   The leader of my team decided to start a movement within us this year.  A giving key.  Ours says "believe" & we are supposed to secretly send it to another team member each month along with why we think they're so deserving.  Well, not only had going back to work have me down on the dumps, but I was also starting to feel like a failure with my new business.  So, to be the first one to get the key, & at just the right time, was a God send.  I definitely cried in my kitchen when I opened it & read Brittany's sweet sweet note.**


**Another great opportunity that my new business brought me this week:  The chance to be surrounded by so many motivated & supportive people.  The chance to learn more about my business.  The chance to meet 2 new friends who are a part of my larger team.  The chance to do a live freaking workout with Shaun freaking T**

10 comments:

  1. Your nails look so cool. I’m so glad you had some great moments last week and I hope this week is even better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love your nails they came out so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the article and your nails look so fun! xo, Biana- BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails look beautiful!

    And you're right, any time away from work makes going back so much harder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails look pretty good. Yea! it's true, that feeling you get after staying out to have fun and going back to work is not super cool.
    Wonder Cottage
    The Glossychic

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you took some time and did things you wanted to do. Love your nails. But, you know what I love more?? That you're finding a community of people who are encouraging you in your goals and as you decide what to do next!! Love that so much! Congrats on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for getting published! That is sweet you got the first key.. the beginning of the year is rough.. especially after the holidays.

    https://henatayeb.blogspot.com/2019/01/reading-in-2018.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting published, and for getting that key!! What a sweet surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting your article published! That's awesome. I miss that about working for direct selling companies, the sisterhood <3

    I don't want you to move away!! lol Move to Austin :)

    Your nails look good!! and Nash is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was me who commented - not sure why it shows unknown..

    Have a good weekend!

    Bella

    ReplyDelete