Monday, January 7, 2019

Monday Morning Coffee Vol. 1

Happy Monday!  I'm back at work today.  Luckily it's a short day!  Students don't return to school until tomorrow & since after lunch today is just personal work time, I'll be leaving at noon today because I am far more productive at home than I am sitting in my classroom.  Linking up with Biana!

So, one of the changes that is coming to the blog is that rather than doing just a weekend recap on Mondays & then a mini week recap on Fridays, I'm just going to highlight things from the entire week on Mondays now in a new series called "Monday Morning Coffee."  I'm still not entirely sure how they'll look, and week to week could be different, but this first one I'm just going to give a short little summary of my last week in Minnesota & my drive back to Texas.

Nash-o got a new sweater!  I swore that I would never be one of those dog moms & here we are...  I also met up with my friend Alicia at a local brewery.  We spent 4 hours catching up & it was awesome!

I got to have a girls' night in with my 2 best friends from college & it was perfect.  Essentially no pictures were taken, except ones like that.  We drank wine, ate grown up food & Christmas cookies, talked about boys, listened to music, & just caught up on life before finally crashing & going to bed somewhere around 1 or 2 am.

In the morning we sat around drinking coffee, eating breakfast, & talking a little more before it was time for us to go.  I headed to go meet my cousin for coffee & lunch so that we could catch up without all of the entire family around.

Nash-o got had to wear his sweater all of one game.  The Vikings lost to the Bears & their chance at the playoffs this year.  Lucky for Nash, sad for me.

New Year's Eve was spent in, just the way I wanted it.  Yoga pants & appetizers.  I didn't even try to stay up until midnight.  I'm pretty sure I went to bed around 10:15-10:30.

New Year's Day was spent relaxing at home, let's be honest, most of my break was spent relaxing at home...  That night though I did meet up with Bumble Boy, remember Bumble Boy?  Even though we technically already knew each other, it had been 6.5-7 years since we had last seen each other & we didn't know each other super well back then, it was so easy.  It felt like hanging out with someone who I'd known my whole life.

Another day of, you guessed it, relaxing.  Although I did get some productive stuff done.  I applied for an online college counselor position, & should know by this Friday whether or not they even want to interview me.  So say a little prayer please!  Thanks again to Sara for telling me about the company!

Of the just over 2 weeks I was home, the day before I left was the most packed & fun filled day.  My brother & I headed to Portillo's, my favorite Chicago dog place is now in Minnesota!  Every time I just get one I always wonder why I didn't get two.  You need one to inhale & another to savor!  We then headed off to get matching tattoos.  We got koala bears on our calves.  Here is the short 26 video that inspired the tattoo choice...  Afterwards we got coffee across the street where I also played with the magnetic words on the bathroom door & made my very own sentence, about cows of course.  My brother had been talking about craving octopus a day or two before so we found a little tapas place.  So good!  We shared a couple of dishes, Seafood Paella & Malaga (the one with octopus).  For supper that night we made homemade burgers & I once again made the mistake of cutting jalapenos without gloves.  Someday I'll learn, maybe.  Related: I need to order more contacts.

The drive to Wichita on Saturday was fairly uneventful.  Despite being a 10.5 hour drive it actually went by pretty fast!  I got to my hotel at a reasonable time & had Applebees delivered to my room.  Nash of course was a mess as he always is in hotels.  His little radar ears pick up EVERYTHING & so he barks at EVERYTHING.  So we got all of 4 hours of sleep...

Because of the only 4 hours of sleep I took it slow on Saturday.  I officially woke up at 6:45 but didn't leave until almost 8.  I laid around, got breakfast, slowly packed up the car, & then we hit the road again where we were home by 2.  I got everything but my clothes unpacked, which are still unpacked.  I watched most of the first episode of Tidying on Netflix & now have the urge to go through all of my clothes first, even though I don't have a ton to begin with...

Nash-o & I got Starbucks & breakfast tacos in the morning & then got to work.  I went grocery shopping, cleaned up the apartment, started this blog post (although am finishing it at 6:30 am because I'm terrible at weekend recaps,) & checked back into my work email.  I finally got myself a letter board & this seemed like a fitting first quote to put up.


  1. Oh I love me some pictures of Nash!! He is so cute!! He should have his on Insta page!

  2. You did so much! My dog barks at everything too, i feel your pain.

    I love your letter board! That quote is perfect for after break!

    1. I'm glad my dog isn't the only one! I feel like I'm annoying everyone around me even though no one has ever said anything or complained.

  3. You pack it all in girl! I love the idea of the Monday morning coffee series. Good luck back at the school!

  4. What a fun two weeks home! I'm glad you got to see Bumble boy. I hope you get that interview, too!

  5. What a great break..although does not sound restful it was sure packed with activities!!! Happy return to work!

  6. WOW, you had a busy break. Monday was brutal for me, too. I had a donor meeting and I was in a fog until right before. Then, I met with two staff members to try and hammer out details for this semester... and I'd be lying if I told that I had any idea what we covered. LOL Cheers to a good break with friends (and Christmas cookies). Any updates on Bumble Boy or work business?? :)