Tuesday, January 8, 2019

5 Necessities For The Perfect Bath + 4 Perks!


Happy Bubble Bath Day!  That's right, there is even a designated holiday for bubble baths.  It's also Self-Love Month, something I'm trying to work on more & more.  (Ya know trying to change that whole mindset!)  Sadly I can't take one for awhile since I recently got a new tattoo on my calf.  I've got a bath bomb with my name on it though just waiting for me!

I don't know how much I've talked about it on here, if at all, but I have anxiety issues & have since I was a teenager.  In general I also suck at sleeping.  Although, to be honest since I started working out regularly, even if it's just 30 minutes in the morning to get my day started, both my sleeping & anxiety have both improved.

However, who doesn't love some relaxing me time every now & again?!

Soaking in baths not only helps reduce stress & help aid with sleep, it also helps ease muscles & boost your immune system when you're trying to fight off a nasty cold or flu!

So what do I consider the necessities for a perfect bubble bath?

1. Bubbles obviously!
I'm also a huge fan of Epsom salts, I currently have Dr. Teal's Muscle Recovery.  Bath bombs are also a fun addition to the bath.  I came home one day awhile back & someone, I still have no idea who, had mysteriously sent me these bath bombs.  The "pink" bomb is the one that is waiting for my tattoo to heal.

2. Good tunes
Music is my jam.  I love listening to it pretty much all the time.  I even throw it on when I'm taking a 10 minute shower.  There are even specific bubble bath playlists on Spotify!

3. ...or sometimes Netflix
When I lived in a house with 2 boys escaping to take a bath was my MO.  I'd grab my laptop & watch a couple of episodes of whatever show I happened to be binge watching on Netflix at the time so that I could just escape & relax.

4. A glass of wine
...or beer, or liquor, or tea whatever your jam is.  I'm personally more of a wine or tea in the tub & sometimes a beer in the shower kind of girl.  Health & safety wise I should probably just recommend the tea but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  As far as tea goes, I really love the Celestial Seasonings teas.  I currently have 4 different boxes in my pantry of different flavors...  when it comes to wine, I'm a white wine girl.

5. Candles
Whenever I go to take a bath I always bring a candle with me.  Even when I went through a phase of ONLY using a Scentsy warmer in my home, I still had candles for bath time.  It just sets the right tone.  For a long time I was burning a Minnesota Homesick candle my friend had sent me.  Currently though I'm burning a Balance & Harmony scented candle & I'm obsessed!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like heaven! I'm a bubble bath girl myself so I'm a big fan of Netflix and bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a good bubble bath.

    ReplyDelete