Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Things You Weren't Wondering Vol. 5

1. What's the best single day on the calendar?
October 23.  AKA my birthday.  5 more days people.  This is not a drill!
My 28th birthday in Nashville, TN

2. What are you interested in that most people haven't heard of?
Okay this question just makes me feel lame & basic.  I feel like I have some pretty standard interests.  Music & travel over everything, and then also food... Lord I love food.

3. How do you relax after a hard day of work?
Netflix & chill with Nash.  Sometimes an adult beverage is also included.

4. What was the best book or series you've ever read?
My favorite book is Kite Runner.  My favorite book series is Harry Potter.

5. What's the farthest you've ever been from home?
The summer between my junior & senior year I went to Europe for 2 weeks.  We went to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, & Lichtenstein.
On the Sound of Music stairs

6. What is the most heartwarming thing you've ever seen?
Any & every military homecoming video.

7. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
Just one?  I'm a teacher... there are lots of annoying questions that I get asked.  I guess "what are we doing today" is up there.  Either a)class hasn't started & I will tell the whole class once it does start so I don't have to repeat myself 100 times.  OR b)I've already answered this & I wind up repeating myself 100 times.

8. What could you give a 40 minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
I could rant for a good 40 minutes on the downfall of music.  I could also go on & on about why people trying to change other people's political views ever, but especially on social media, never works & never will work.

9. If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
I would force people to pamper me.  Massages, play with my hair, style my hair, manis, pedis.

10. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Move away from their hometown/state.  Even if you go back, leave for awhile.  You get a whole new perspective on things.

7 comments:

  1. I went to all those European countries in High school with German class. I love that you chill with Nash and watch Netflix. Pamper all the way girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Europe! That was the last time I left the country. I am getting all the pampering this weekend!

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree on the last one. I specifically went to a college where I didn't know anyone else going from my town or high school, and it was a great experience. Obviously I'm back, I bought a house exactly 2.5 miles from my parents, but I still recommend getting out for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember which Hosseini book is my fave. My favorite, unforgettable, line from Kite Runner is, “And that's the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too.” For so long I was guilty of believing everything people told me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I wish I went to college out of state, it's one my the biggest regrets I have. I would love to move out of state but it's not happening anytime soon and it totally sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES TO THE PAMPERING. that's a GREAT idea.

    Now... what do you remember about Lichtenstein? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being pampered is such a genius dictator move, haha.

    ReplyDelete