Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Here & Now


Mr. Fireman & I had a talk Sunday night, & last night, which have led me to the new way I want to approach my life that I can hopefully stick to. (type A personality up in here...planner is my middle name).  

I need to stop worrying so much about making the same mistakes I've made in the past.  I need to stop worrying that I may or may not get hurt the same way I've been hurt in the past.  I need to stop worrying about where my life may or may not go.  I need to stop trying to plan my future now.  

I need to enjoy this time with my friends, both those that live here & those that are coming 1000s of miles to see me.  I need to enjoy my time in Houston.  I need to enjoy the time I do get to see Mr. Fireman.  

Maybe I'll get a new job offer & maybe I won't.  Maybe we'll work out & maybe we won't.  Maybe I'll stay in Houston & maybe I won't.  I have no real control nor no real answers to any of those questions at this moment in time.  I'm going to live for today & today only.  In less than 4 months I'll be leaving Houston to go back to MN for a month & who knows what will happen after that.  I've decided not to care.

(Because YOLO drives me nuts...)

No comments:

Post a Comment