Friday, January 17, 2014

Semester One...Done



Happies
1. I got to wear jeans to work everyday this week.
2. This week was totally low key because it was just students taking finals & watching movies/chilling when done.
3. Wed & Thur were half days for students.  (Half days are the best even if teachers have to be here until 3).
4. Mr. Fireman & I watched more Breaking Bad (we are over half way through season 2 now), made supper together, & then I stayed the night (for the 1st time since I came back from Thanksgiving...)

Crappies
1. I'm still on the fence about some of my classes but I am definitely going to miss some of my students/classes now that I'm done with them forever since the semester just ended Thursday.
2. Getting my ass handed to me because after 2 classes had taken their final I was at a 40% passing rate.  I'm sorry, I realize that the district gets money based on test scores & seniors graduating but what do they want me to do?  Hold their hand & spoon feed them the answers?  (The answer to that is a yes while looking the other way).  Now before you get all judgmental & say that well 40% is shitty (cause it is).  Might I remind you of the type of district that I work in.  Let me also say that I gave these kids a review, I gave these kids the correct answers to the review, they had multiple days to study said review, & I went over it before the test.  Let me also just say that it was all due to ONE class...after all was said & done I had a 70 something passing rate...higher than the district average might I add...  (Longest crappy ever but I needed to vent)
3. I got 1,393 pages into the Divergent series (154 pages remaining in the entire series) when Mr. Hipster accidentally ruined the ending for me.
4. Someone needs to teach me how to stop over thinking everything in my life.

Friday Five
5 of the last things I posted to my "True Story" board on Pinterest.

1. "I desperately want to tell you that you accidentally pinned that on the wrong board."

2. "You know, I can't decide if I want to punch him in the face or have his babies."

3. "It's true; I don't have to be so sarcastic.  But the world has given me so much material to work with and I wouldn't want to be wasteful..."

4. "If you're a girl and you say your hair has never annoyed you to the point of wanting to shave your head you're lying."

5. "I'm a lady, but when I'm mad, I'm an evil sadistic demon spawned bitch from hell that'll make you wish you were never born...and when I'm happy I bake muffins and shit."

No comments:

Post a Comment