Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year New Rules New Me

I am fully aware how cliche the whole "new year new me" line is.  I haven't really talked a whole lot about Mr. Fireman on here except for little random blurbs on my weekend recaps & what not.  I honestly am not even sure what the last real post I had about him was.  However, I will tell you this, I suddenly feel like I'm the one in control of the situation & I love it.  

I decided back at the beginning of December that the rules were going to change.  I was no longer going to be the one putting in all of the effort, that if he wanted to talk to me, he would.  That's exactly what happened too.  The day after we had a heart to heart and I told him he also needed to make an effort he started texting me.  Pretty much everyday to be exact.  It wasn't always a lot but he would text me at minimum to see how my day had been.  

Then I left for Minnesota (ya know the day he hugged me at the airport & called me homie...).  While I was gone for 2 weeks we didn't talk as much.  He would text me every couple of days to see how things were going, I text him on Christmas & New Year's Eve, and then he picked me up a couple of days later at the airport.  I flew back to Texas on the 3rd because there was a concert that I wanted to go to.  He picked me up, took me out for pizza, had me try out his new bed (nothing happened), we watched some more Breaking Bad, & at around 8:30 pm is when I feel like the power completely shifted from him to me.  He didn't know I had been planning on going to a concert but at 8:30 I told him we'd have to watch more BB later because I had other plans.  I got up, changed into a super hot dress, & then went back & sat on his couch where we played some Phase 10 while I waited for my friend the Art Teacher to get to the venue since Mr. Fireman lives right by it.  Seriously, his face, the "wow that's a nice dress", the "did you get new boots", the fact that I was the one calling the shots & walking out, all worth it.

Saturday rolled around & I had my whole horrible lack of internet/cable fiasco on top of a few other things I mentioned in my weekend recap...including how I had invited Mr. Fireman out & he declined due to other plans.  What I didn't include in my weekend recap was how Mr. Fireman messaged me later that night when I got home.  He didn't text me though, he actually messaged me, on the dating site that we met on.  Weird.  I recently (like after Jan 1) updated my profile.  This means that Mr. Fireman has been looking at my profile...  So instead of using my phone number to call or text me like a normal person he started sending me messages on there.  Asking how hanging out with Mr & Mrs. Hipster was, telling me how he wished that he had gone with me instead of going to the Saloon, random stuff.  

Then randomly, on Sunday, he started messaging me again on there with cheesy pick-up lines.  I'm not quite sure what his deal is but we have a tentative date tonight.  All I know is that I like this change of power.  Him being the one nervous because I updated my profile, him being the one to contact me first.  I don't know where this is going but I do know that I'm going to let him sweat it out a little bit longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment