Wednesday, January 30, 2013

28 Random Acts of Kindness

Nearly 2 weeks ago I posted about how my first acts of kindness were notes that I was going to leave for people hoping to brighten their day.  If you want to know what the letters said you can check that out here.

The hard part was deciding how to deliver them.  My first thought was windshields.  Eh didn't really like it.  Partly because I didn't want to walk around a parking lot putting stuff on people's cars.  Second thought was to put them in random mailboxes at work.  I didn't really want to do that either.  Then I thought, tape them random places?  That's not what happened either.  So what did happen??  I killed two birds with one stone that's what happened.

I needed a new book because I finished mine 2 days ago so I went to Walmart this evening to pick up a new one.  I brought my notes with me & picked 6 random hardcover books & stuck them somewhere around the middle so they won't be found until the person has already bought the book & has started reading it.  On my newest 101 in 1001 was to leave a note in a book...I left 6!

I can't remember exactly which books I left them in...one was about Lincoln, one was a cook book, one was a teen book, one was about a victim of Sandusky, one was about marriage...annnd I can't even think what the last one was at all.

My next 3 acts... boxes of chocolate which I'll deliver on Valentine's Day.  Any ideas on how/where/who to deliver to??  My only thought right now is to put them in 3 random mail boxes at work but I really don't know how I'm feelin about the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this!! I would be so excited to find a letter in a book! That's awesome!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete