Saturday, December 1, 2012

Where Did 2012 Go?


Really it's December 1st already?  Where the hell has the past year gone?!  Every year keeps going by faster & faster.  I feel like I've done a lot & nothing all at the same time this year...which is kind of how this month is going to go too.  I don't really have anything planned for this final month of the year but I know it's going to fly.  I only have 14 days left of school this month & then I fly home.  I have a couple meet-ups planned with people from college & of course there's Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.  ... There's New Years Eve too but I don't have plans & I'm basically the only single friend so unless I can rustle up a single friend or two I'm going to be sitting at home with my family (which isn't always bad either) ... anything is going to be better than my past 2 NYE.  I rang in 2012 sick as can be.  I rang in 2011 pissed off at my friend because we were supposed to have a single girls' night & she ended up inviting a guy she liked and they ended up mackin on each other & flirting most of the night.  Here's a look back at my year.

January
I moved 1300 miles away from home down to Houston TX to complete my student teaching.
Made amazing new friends.

February
My parents came to visit me in TX.
I went to Mardi Gras for the first time.

March
I went to Austin twice surrounding spring break.
Went to the Houston Rodeo & saw Miranda Lambert

April
Got to go to the opening day of baseball.
I took a road trip with my cousin back to MN through LA, MS, AL, GA, TN, KY, IN, IL, & WI.

May
I graduated from college.
Attended the annual Kegs & Gregg's in my hometown.

June
Had my 5 year high school reunion
Got my 2nd tattoo
Got offered my first big girl job in Houston.
Took a road trip back down to TX so that I could sign papers & get an apartment.

July
I got to celebrate the 4th of July for the first time in a long time.
Had my cousin's bridal shower & bachlorette party.
Went to my friend's deployment ceremony.

August
I went to the 30th Anniversary WeFest.
I moved back down to TX for my first real job.
I was in my cousin's wedding.

September
Saw Thomas Rhett, Brantley Gilbert, & Toby Keith in concert.
Saw Kip Moore, Justin Moore, & Eric Church in concert.

October
I turned 24.
I went to the TX State Fair.
Saw Luke Bryan & Jason Aldean in concert.

November
I flew back to Minnesota.
I went deer hunting.
I celebrated my cousin's golden birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment