Friday, December 21, 2012

5K Friday

Monday December 17: I had to FORCE myself to run.  Taking a week off was a horrible set back.  I had been so amped to go when I was doing it consistently.  Oh, & my plan to run Saturday & Sunday fell through when I was terribly hu:ngover Saturday morning & just flat out exhausted all day Sunday.  Today also started a new set of intervals.  It went walk 5 min, run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, run 3 minutes, walk 8 minutes.  It actually went surprisingly well.  I was so nervous for the 3 minutes but I did the whole thing just fine.  I definitely went slower than normal though.  Or at least it seemed like it because of where I was by the time my cool down started.

Wednesday December 19: I didn't finish my run...  The intervals were the same as Monday but for some reason I just couldn't do it.  I felt like dying come the second half.  Maybe it was the 80 degrees + humidity.  Or maybe it was the 30 mile an hour wind gusts that were pushing me backwards.  I did do most of the run. I just didn't do the last 3 minute run part & walked the rest & then some instead.  I'll try to add an extra 3 minutes to my run on Friday...which will be freezing...literally.  I'll be back in MN & the high for Friday is 20.  That will be quite the adjustment going from normally awesome running weather to freezing cold.  Oh & I'm essentially a week behind now since I didn't run at all last week...unless of course I decide to run every day or most days while I'm home for break...we'll see.

Friday December 21: FAIL!  I did run about 3/4 of a mile but not the half hour I was supposed to; or even in intervals like I was supposed to.  In Texas when I want to run outside it is absolutely no problem.  In Minnesota it's a different story.  The below freezing temps were one thing but not the worst.  The worst was that I had to stop every 2 seconds to walk across or jump ice patches.  Thus, why I gave up running.  I wasn't able to keep up a consistent pace.  I figured I'd just run on my mom's treadmill when I got home instead...she sold it!  I did do the whole 3/4 of a mile running, except for the ice patch walking, so it was something!  But I need to figure something out because I can't go 2 weeks without running.

Day 22:
Weight - 166.6 lbs (I stayed exactly the same which is awesome considering I didn't run & ate out all weekend)
Body Fat Weight - 43.7 lbs (up .1 lbs - there's that eating out)
Body Fat Percentage - 26.3% (up .1%)
Body Water Percentage - 53.8% (Stayed the same)
Bone Mass Value - 7.1% (Stayed the same)
BMI - 24.1 (Stayed the same)

No comments:

Post a Comment