Friday, September 7, 2018

Short Weeks For The Win

Happy Friday!  This week was my kind of week.  I definitely need a job where I only have to go into the office 3 days a week.  Time to start brainstorming!  If any of you have any brilliant ideas on jobs that someone who has only been a teacher, and has a degree in education, could do that allows them to work from home 2-3 days a week I'm all ears!  Linking up with Amanda!

I had planned on getting some major lesson planning done on Monday & Tuesday since I had both days off & no real plans other than a doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning.  Instead I decided to cozy up with Nash & some Netflix so I could recover from my long weekend of exploring Dallas-Fort Worth with my friend Abby.


Since fall is coming, and I'm trying to blog more than I did over the summer, I decided to try my hand at fashion blogging.  I quickly realized three things.  One, I need more clothes.  Two, I need to find cuter places to take pictures.  Three, I need to learn how to pose better and/or have someone else take the pictures for me.


I learned this week that no matter what day you go back to work, that day will be a Monday.  When I went to the doctor on Tuesday, it was their first day back & the computer system wasn't working.  When I returned to work on Wednesday I wound up operating on plan D when plans A-C all failed me because of technology.

Despite spending the better part of my extra 2 days off being lazy on the couch, I did actually get stuff accomplished.  I meal prepped some Lemon Parmesan Asparagus, Creamy Avocado Pasta, & Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole.


I got a few loads of laundry done, started to get ahead on blogging, stopped talking to a guy who was perfect on paper but felt nothing for in person, & most importantly: booked a cabin for my 30th birthday trip!  6 weeks from today I'll be headed off on my birthday trip!


I also hung up my first piece of fall decor!


Back to the needing a new job.  I sort of mentioned before that as of recently I've been on blood pressure meds.  I've been checking it twice a day, morning & night, & it has been relatively normal each time.  However, Thursday at work I could feel it changing, to the point that I went to the nurses office and had them check it.  It had spiked from 127/86 when I left for work to 160/109 around 2nd/3rd period.  It went down as the day went on but it made me actually take note of the fact that this is a daily thing.  I don't actually know my numbers when I'm at work because I don't bring my thing to check it, although I'm going to start.  But it's normal in the morning, normal at night, but I can physically feel it going up during the day.  I'm still waiting on blood test results to see if there is anything else potentially wrong, like perhaps with my thyroid like Sara suggested.  However, despite the fact that so far this year I absolutely adore my kids, like the classes that I'm teaching more, & am only coaching one sport, my job stresses me out.  So I'm going to seriously look into getting my real estate license like I talked about over the summer.  I know every job has it's stress but I think I may need a change of pace.  I will 100% finish out this year, & may even do another year while doing real estate part time, but there is a very high chance that after that I will be getting out of education.


And so as to not end on a depressing note, here are some Friday funnies to send you into the weekend with a smile on your face!



This is 100% Nash every single day of his life.


There is a strong chance that phrase came out of my mouth while at a brewery opening last weekend...

8 comments:

  1. Your 30th is getting soooo close!!! Too cute, wish I was there to take your photos for ya! happy weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want falllllllllll!!!!

    And also, I'm the QUEEN of "just in time". It's crazy to me how often we arrive somewhere and there's no wait then we look up and there's a line of 20 people behind me. Ironically, this never happens at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall decor is off to a good start! I can not accept that summer is over yet so I am holding off as long as possible! LOL! I an now following, you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree for 3 day work weeks...and I can't wait to see more outfit posts! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that one about the ponytail made me laugh so hard, so true.
    good luck with looking into your realtor's license, if your job is stressing you out, you may just need a change of pace like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the same with teaching- needing the change. So I became a cyber teacher..that solved all my problems of being tied to a classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a similar issue with Hugh blood pressure. My doctor had me switch from birth control pills to an IUD and it actually made my BP go back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. College consulting? (Look up Collegewise. My friend Allison is ED of talent... you would love her.)

    ReplyDelete